Maitnence reccomendations?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

That_FZ

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I just bought a 2013 PPV tahoe with 40K miles and 2000 hours. It was regularly maintained by the department before selling it however as it is new to me, what should I be expect to do to it within the next few months.

New brakes rotors, oil change and air filters, and belts have all been done by me already

Last edited:

Geotrash

Dave
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I just bought a 2013 PPV tahoe with 40K miles and 2000 hours. It was regularly maintained by the department before selling it however as it is new to me, what should I be expect to do to it within the next few months.

New brakes rotors, oil change and air filters, have all been done by me already
Congrats, you got lucky and got a low usage one.
All fluids: Trans, TC, F&R diffs at a minimum.
Within the next 1-2 years: Replace the coolant tees at the firewall. Might as well do all of the belts and hoses while you're in there and replace the coolant, too.
Enjoy it.

Do some browsing and searching on here. We answer these same questions frequently. And stick around!

petethepug

Michael
Reaction score
Welcome & congrats on the score of the Supv’r PPV.

Start looking into doing the 21+ PPV Brembo big brake swap on the front. It will be an amazingly simple low cost upgrade when you work it into a brake caliper, rotor & pad change.

As stated above, the heater coolant T’s and hoses are ones you’ll want to order off rock auto and keep in the truck until the jobs is done. They’re hard to come by locally except the gracious stealership for $200 more than R/A.

You’re in a really good position to pull a sample of your diff, trans & engine oils and have them sent out for analysis. You’ll know right away what the health is of the fluid and components.

Marky Dissod

Full Access Member
Reaction score
... the 21+ PPV Brembo big brake swap on the front ... will be an amazingly simple low cost upgrade, when you work it into a brake caliper, rotor & pad change.
"Honey, it's NOT a performance mod - it's a maintenance upgrade."
and/or
"Honey, seriously? Are you taking a stand against improving the BRAKES?!?!"

petethepug

Michael
Reaction score
as well as … Safety doesn’t really have a price Honey. Being able to stop in time to avoid those crazy neighborhood kids on mini bikes means we need to do it now :Get him!:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Exceltheink