Which is the best most reliable way to lower 05 Tahoe

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

setconstr

Reaction score
I have Belltech drop spindles, belltech shocks, belltech sway bars, Spohn pan hard bar, Spohn lower boxed rear control arms, Djm rear lower control arm relocation brackets , Djm rear sway bar links, 22" wheels, it's a 3" x 5" drop. relocated the rear bump stops ( free travel ) ....Truthfully I hate the ride and the front end keeps loosening up I had everything tightened up at an alignment shop and now it's making the same noises ( clunking ) when I turn the wheel as before.The alignment shop said all front end parts are good . Is there a better way to go ? coilovers ? air ride ? I just want it to be super tight I know the 22's won't ever be Great but I'm putting some Michilin Pilots or Toyo tires soon maybe a bit bigger

Last edited:

Big Mama

Full Access Member
Reaction score
You’ve got a lot of good stuff but something else is going on if you’re bolts don’t stay tight. I have the next gen but @iamdub i believe has some experience here. You might also check with Tony @NORCAL SS

Rocket Man

Mark
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Get rid of the Belltech shocks and install some Bilstein 4600’s. You didn’t say what rear springs you’re running. How many miles on the steering components? Sounds like you might need to replace them if you have clunking and things keep loosening up regardless of what the alignment shop says. Do you have new front jounce stops installed? They’re important for the torsion bar system. Also did you install shorter front end links so your sway bar is parallel with your lower control arms? You can go to the expense of a coil over conversion but it sounds like you just need to take care of a few things to see if you are happy and if not go from there.

OP
OP
setconstr

setconstr

Reaction score
I did get the shorter sway bar links nothing is hitting there. I have Belltech 5"rear coils I'm not so frustrated with the ride as I am with the noises coming from it, seems like the front and rear like poping or clunking when I turn or start out of my driveway. and the steering feels really light, not what I expected with the dampner and the 22" wheels. I do have every new part for the front end all ACDelco professional and I mean every part which will be installed in 2 weeks, the car itself only has 120k original mile but I don't know if anything is new except I replaced the steering column parts. I have Bilsteins in my BMW 740i their pretty stiff. I jacked the front end up today and everything looks tight no bad seals anywhere fresh lube on all the fittings. The jounce stops look ok but not new I will get some for the front end overhaul..........Thanks. !!

Last edited:

Rocket Man

Mark
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I did get the shorter sway bar links nothing is hitting there. I have Belltech 5"rear springs I'm not so frustrated with the ride as I am with the noises coming from it, seems like the front and rear like poping or clunking when I turn or start out of my driveway. and the steering feels really light, not what I expected with the dampner and the 22" wheels. I do have every new part for the front end all ACDelco professional and I mean every part which will be installed in 2 weeks, the car itself only has 120k original mile but I don't know if anything is new except I replaced the steering column parts. I have Bilsteins in my BMW 740i their pretty stiff. I jacked the front end up today and everything looks tight no bad seals anywhere fresh lube on all the fittings. The jounce stops look ok but not new I will get some for the front end overhaul..........Thanks. !!
I have heard the Belltech shocks suck. But if you’ve got popping or clunking you need to figure that out because somethin ain’t right.

iamdub

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Mark has you going for now. You gotta find the source(s) of the noises. Hundreds are running these components with none of your symptoms. I've never heard of front end lowering components repeatedly loosening up. What exactly is loosening? Light steering is an alignment problem- likely not enough positive caster, but could be not enough toe-in.

Byoung1330

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Just like someone said. I got the same set up on my 04. Except mcgaughys spindles. I had the beltech sp shocks an I think they suck. I went to bilstein an it made it way better

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
George ramos