Official 00-06 Tahoe/Yukon/Escalade drop guide with pics...

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Franzsolo

Reaction score
It may have settled a little bit since, still a touch higher in the back. Once I wear out these expensive Michelins, I'll drop it proper and do some 22's.

HansJr

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Model/Year/2x/4x/AWD:
- 2001 Tahoe 2wd

Advertised drop:
- 2/4

Fender height front/rear:
-31.75/33

Front:
- LCA's : Stock
- UCA's : Stock
- Spindles : McCaughey
- Sway Bar : Stock
- Tie Rods : Stock
- T-bars : Stock
- T-bar keys : 3/4 Ton Purple Keys
- Shocks : Stock Replacement
- Steering : Stock

Rear:
- UTA : Stock
- LTA : Stock
- Springs : Belltech
- Panhard : Stock
- Sway Bar : Stock
- Shocks : Nitro Drop Shocks
- Air Assist : None

Wheels & Tires:
- Wheels : 20" Snowflakes
- Tires : Cheap 285/55r20

Considered upgrades:
-Need to downsize the tire size a little due to rubbing on big dips and sharper turns. Also need to find an alternative to the front Jounce Bumper bracket as the previous owner cut them off. Also need to find a different rear sway bar end link as its hitting on the passenger side.

Brief impressions of setup:
Not a bad ride overall. A bit shaky as I need to replace my tie rod ends. Otherwise rides pretty well.

View attachment 254696 View attachment 254697 View attachment 254698 View attachment 254699 View attachment 254700
How much did you turn your front keys down? Or were they a preset amount?

hardluck13

Reaction score
Figured I’d post. I never do and have been on here for like 11 years or something. I posted a couple weeks ago in exterior looking for help with headlights. Didn’t get much of a response. Long story short. The town I’m from has a bunch of aftermarket companies and I’ve gone to school and or have grown up with just about all (Whipple, McGaughy, Belltech, Speed Engineering, Full Throttle, Stone Fab, Western Chassis) to name a few. So me and my boys have been doing SEMA and show trucks since the 90’s. This Tahoe was bought new by me with the intention to make it a SEMA project. We ended up going a different direction and did a different new truck. So this Tahoe just sat for years. I let my buddies grandma drive it. It now has around just under 50k miles. I saw it sitting out at my shop and decided to start messing with it.

Model/Year/2x/4x/AWD:
- 2005 Tahoe LT

Advertised drop:
- low / Tony’s 6” springs

Fender height front/rear:
- have never measured

Front:
- LCA's : Custom tubular Stone Fab Coilover Kit
- UCA's : Custom tubular Stone Fab Coilover Kit
- Spindles : Stock
- Sway Bar : Belltech
- Tie Rods : Custom hiem joint Stone Fab Coilover Kit
- T-bars : None
- T-bar keys : None
- Shocks : QA1 double adjustable Coilover
- Steering : New center section, HD hooked to Hiems

Rear:
- UTA : Spohn Adjustable with Del-Sphere
- LTA : Spohn Adjustable with Del-Sphere
- Springs : NorCal 6”
- Panhard : Spohn Adjustable with Del-Sphere
- Sway Bar : Belltech along with the offset dog bones
- Shocks : QA1 dual adjustable
- Air Assist : None

Wheels & Tires:
- Wheels : 22" Snowflakes
- Tires : Nitto 275/40R22

Considered upgrades:
- Nope. I have billets floating everywhere in my shop. I’ve put so many sets on and for some reason keep going back to the wheels on it. Did a bunch of motor / performance. Building (2) 2 door 2wd right now so prob just mess with those and some of my other trucks.

Brief impressions of setup:
Great kit rides great. Never had any bumpsteer. Handles like on rails (for a brick).

1032823F-7666-4EF0-BF74-F0FD50A17C08.jpeg

E34C9FC0-FC1C-44B0-B5B0-ECEF5E9C970A.jpeg

181CF5FA-9561-4318-B7A0-82F5448A3CF5.jpeg

F48FA9DD-6362-4C22-B996-CD2D5FBE5089.jpeg

I need to update the pics. Rear appliqué are SS smooth painted, the hatch is the other type with no handle or plastic on top and it has SS painted smooth wiper cowl. Still need help with headlights.

hardluck13

Reaction score
It looks a little goofy in the pics cause of the shaved wiper and hatch button but still has the old glass with the handle. I’ll try and update it. But again appreciate the compliment / kind words. It also has a cam, heads, intake, CAI, 1 7/8 LT, no cats 3” exhaust, Corsa tips, 3200 Yank stall, servo etc and then dynoed.

Tonyrodz

Resident Resident
Reaction score
It looks a little goofy in the pics cause of the shaved wiper and hatch button but still has the old glass with the handle. I’ll try and update it. But again appreciate the compliment / kind words. It also has a cam, heads, intake, CAI, 1 7/8 LT, no cats 3” exhaust, Corsa tips, 3200 Yank stall, servo etc and then dynoed.
Pretty sure that rear glass handle comes off. Iirc it's held on with double stick tape.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ihaveatahoetoo