Official 00-06 Tahoe/Yukon/Escalade drop guide with pics...

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Mudsport96

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Since this is the official drop thread i guess i can ask here.

If i want to do a slight drop on my 06 z71 MAYBE 2 inches. Would it be easiest to get base model nonz71 coil springs and just turn the keys down a bit? Ive seen that the "purple" gm keys are like a 2 inch drop for the front that may be a way i go too. Any insight is appreciated.

bkbailey85

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Did the drop kit this last weekend. Alignment today. I'll get fender measurements after the alignment and then repost measurements again later after everything settles. I might be removing the torsion bars and doing a Viking coilover swap, the tabs on the DJM LCA's are definitely strong enough to support without modification. 10psi in the rear bags make it really stiff and I have no doubts that it will still tow with less squat than stock. Pain in the a$$ to get the bags in the DJM springs, used an A/C vacuum pump to deflate as much as possible.

Front:
DJM 3" drop UCA/LCA
DJM shocks
Eibach anit-sway bar
Cognito pitman/idler balljoint stabilizers

Rear:
DJM LCA brackets
DJM anti-sway bar links
DJM Trailblazer 4" drop springs
DJM shocks
AirLift 60742 airbags (aired them to 10psi, going to release all the air)
Eibach anti-sway bar
eBay adjustable panhard bar
Cut out the bumpstop brackets

Wheels/Tire:
20" snowflake replicas
275/45r20 (went small to make sure nothing rubbed when I finally lowered it, will be getting bigger tires at the next tire change)

So far suspension float and body roll is massively improved and drives way better, even without the alignment.

(Ignore the dent behind the tire, blew a stocker and that's what the result was)

20221010_070619.jpg

tytotheler92

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Model/Year/2x/4x/AWD:
- 2001 Tahoe 2wd

Advertised drop:
- 2/4

Fender height front/rear:
-Unknown, will update.

Front:
- LCA's : Stock
- UCA's : Stock
- Spindles : Belltech
- Sway Bar : Stock
- Tie Rods : Stock
- T-bars : Stock
- T-bar keys : Decranked
- Shocks : Belltech Street Performance
- Steering : Stock

Rear:
- UTA : Stock
- LTA : Stock
- Springs : Belltech Pro Coils
- Panhard : Stock
- Air Assist : Airlift 60742

Wheels & Tires:
- Wheels : 18" 2019+ RST
- Tires : Michelin 265 65 18

Considered upgrades:
Alignment shop told me to get f*cked, I need to find another place. They did toe it, but my camber is quite negative. (Wouldn't give me a printout) Need to do free travel mod and get it aligned correctly/figure out control arms if needed.

Brief impressions of setup:
Not a bad ride overall, rear bottoms sometimes. Front feels great, and it handles so much better.

Attachments

• PXL_20221023_211135762.jpg
    PXL_20221023_211135762.jpg
    474.5 KB · Views: 23
  • PXL_20221023_211308174.jpg
    PXL_20221023_211308174.jpg
    561.7 KB · Views: 24

DadsToy

Reaction score
Model/Year/2x/4x/AWD:
- 2001 Tahoe 2wd

Advertised drop:
- 2/4

-Unknown, will update.

Front:
- LCA's : Stock
- UCA's : Stock
- Spindles : Belltech
- Tie Rods : Stock
- T-bars : Stock
- T-bar keys : Decranked
- Steering : Stock

Rear:
- UTA : Stock
- LTA : Stock
- Springs : Belltech Pro Coils
- Panhard : Stock
- Air Assist : Airlift 60742

Wheels & Tires:
- Wheels : 18" 2019+ RST
- Tires : Michelin 265 65 18

Considered upgrades:
Alignment shop told me to get f*cked, I need to find another place. They did toe it, but my camber is quite negative. (Wouldn't give me a printout) Need to do free travel mod and get it aligned correctly/figure out control arms if needed.

Not a bad ride overall, rear bottoms sometimes. Front feels great, and it handles so much better.
I have the Crown springs on my unit. They seem to be a little soft and bounce over having the stocks installed. Was concerning the Belltech Coils. But wanted to know if you have any bounce with the springs you installed.

tytotheler92

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I have the Crown springs on my unit. They seem to be a little soft and bounce over having the stocks installed. Was concerning the Belltech Coils. But wanted to know if you have any bounce with the springs you installed.
They are stiff, I like them.

hardluck13

Reaction score
Figured I’d post. I never do and have been on here for like 11 years or something. I posted a couple weeks ago in exterior looking for help with headlights. Didn’t get much of a response. Long story short. The town I’m from has a bunch of aftermarket companies and I’ve gone to school and or have grown up with just about all (Whipple, McGaughy, Belltech, Speed Engineering, Full Throttle, Stone Fab, Western Chassis) to name a few. So me and my boys have been doing SEMA and show trucks since the 90’s. This Tahoe was bought new by me with the intention to make it a SEMA project. We ended up going a different direction and did a different new truck. So this Tahoe just sat for years. I let my buddies grandma drive it. It now has around just under 50k miles. I saw it sitting out at my shop and decided to start messing with it.

Model/Year/2x/4x/AWD:
- 2005 Tahoe LT

Advertised drop:
- low / Tony’s 6” springs

- have never measured

Front:
- LCA's : Custom tubular Stone Fab Coilover Kit
- UCA's : Custom tubular Stone Fab Coilover Kit
- Spindles : Stock
- Sway Bar : Belltech
- Tie Rods : Custom hiem joint Stone Fab Coilover Kit
- T-bars : None
- T-bar keys : None
- Shocks : QA1 double adjustable Coilover
- Steering : New center section, HD hooked to Hiems

Rear:
- UTA : Spohn Adjustable with Del-Sphere
- LTA : Spohn Adjustable with Del-Sphere
- Springs : NorCal 6”
- Panhard : Spohn Adjustable with Del-Sphere
- Sway Bar : Belltech along with the offset dog bones
- Shocks : QA1 dual adjustable
- Air Assist : None

Wheels & Tires:
- Wheels : 22" Snowflakes
- Tires : Nitto 275/40R22

Considered upgrades:
- Nope. I have billets floating everywhere in my shop. I’ve put so many sets on and for some reason keep going back to the wheels on it. Did a bunch of motor / performance. Building (2) 2 door 2wd right now so prob just mess with those and some of my other trucks.

Great kit rides great. Never had any bumpsteer. Handles like on rails (for a brick).

View attachment 370943

View attachment 370944

View attachment 370945

View attachment 370946

I need to update the pics. Rear appliqué are SS smooth painted, the hatch is the other type with no handle or plastic on top and it has SS painted smooth wiper cowl. Still need help with headlights.
Little update to mine. I don’t think I have ever listed engine mods or inside mods. truck has 60K on miles. Has heads, Holley high rise manifold, 103 TB, stage 4 cam, complete new valve train, long tube headers, no cats, custom 3” stainless exhaust with x pipe, Corsa tips, Volant CAI, I’m sure I’m missing stuff. With all that said here’s how it looks now……

Attachments

• 4EE94CBF-38C7-4C60-9747-90B61E46D542.jpeg
    4EE94CBF-38C7-4C60-9747-90B61E46D542.jpeg
    389.5 KB · Views: 17
  • 8A2CE331-D7E8-4AE1-B2A1-9171455CCD24.jpeg
    8A2CE331-D7E8-4AE1-B2A1-9171455CCD24.jpeg
    371.5 KB · Views: 18
  • 2DCFD952-1D90-4517-AF7F-060F75E4777C.jpeg
    2DCFD952-1D90-4517-AF7F-060F75E4777C.jpeg
    429.2 KB · Views: 19

Tonyrodz

Resident Resident
Reaction score
Little update to mine. I don’t think I have ever listed engine mods or inside mods. truck has 60K on miles. Has heads, Holley high rise manifold, 103 TB, stage 4 cam, complete new valve train, long tube headers, no cats, custom 3” stainless exhaust with x pipe, Corsa tips, Volant CAI, I’m sure I’m missing stuff. With all that said here’s how it looks now……
That sux. What happened? Gonna fix it or part it out? I hope you can fix it.

Bjbmacon

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
What size crown springs do you have? I was looking at there kits? Do they really drop to what the specs say?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
labans