Normal ticking???!!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

donjetman

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Install manifold clamps/bridges. Not easy, but easier than getting the old bolts out.

Exhaust Manifold clamp, back driver side – APDTY brand # 028218 - $30 amazon

Exhaust manifold clamps, frt driver side & back pass – APDTY brand #028253- $67

OP
OP
A

Axm1096

Reaction score
Install manifold clamps/bridges. Not easy, but easier than getting the old bolts out.

Exhaust Manifold clamp, back driver side – APDTY brand # 028218 - $30 amazon

Exhaust manifold clamps, frt driver side & back pass – APDTY brand #028253- $67
Cool ill give this a try thank you for providing The part numbers

wsteele

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Is there any easy way of fixing this issue instead of trying to drill out the bolts
Donjetman is the man, so... :)

I am so ****, I would take the manifold off and get at the studs left in the block. I would try tacking something that would let me get a purchase on the stud left in the block and use a lot of heat and penetrating oil. I then would replace all the old bolts with ARP. But that is many hours of very frustrating work.

OP
OP
A

Axm1096

Reaction score
Donjetman is the man, so... :)

I am so ****, I would take the manifold off and get at the studs left in the block. I would try tacking something that would let me get a purchase on the stud left in the block and use a lot of heat and penetrating oil. I then would replace all the old bolts with ARP. But that is many hours of very frustrating work.
Yeah that would be the good way to do it if this clamps dont work ill have to tackle it

Geotrash

Dave
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Yeah that would be the good way to do it if this clamps dont work ill have to tackle it
It's really not a bad job at all, but there are some risks:

.5/ Buy an ez-out in the appropriate size, and a matching long drill bit.
1/ Raise the front end and put it on jackstands
2/ Remove the front wheels
3/ Remove the front fender liners
4/ Hit those remaining bolts with penetrating oil. Go have some breakfast, and hit them with penetrating oil again. Then, assuming it's after 10AM, go have a beer. Hit them with penetrating oil again.
5/ Support the exhaust at the y-pipe with a jack
6/ Remove the remaining bolts through the wheel wells, working very gently.
7/ Lower the exhaust with the jack enough to expose the tops of the broken studs.
8/ If you can get them out with needle nose pliers, count yourself lucky. If not, use punch to put a divot in the end of the bolt and use your long drill bit to drill a pilot hole for the ez out. Be careful not to drill into the soft aluminum of the head.
9/ Remove the broken bolts with the ez out.

Or....

1/ Take it to your favorite mechanic and let him do it for you. Lol.

OP
OP
A

Axm1096

Reaction score
It's really not a bad job at all, but there are some risks:

.5/ Buy an ez-out in the appropriate size, and a matching long drill bit.
1/ Raise the front end and put it on jackstands
2/ Remove the front wheels
3/ Remove the front fender liners
4/ Hit those remaining bolts with penetrating oil. Go have some breakfast, and hit them with penetrating oil again. Then, assuming it's after 10AM, go have a beer. Hit them with penetrating oil again.
5/ Support the exhaust at the y-pipe with a jack
6/ Remove the remaining bolts through the wheel wells, working very gently.
7/ Lower the exhaust with the jack enough to expose the tops of the broken studs.
8/ If you can get them out with needle nose pliers, count yourself lucky. If not, use punch to put a divot in the end of the bolt and use your long drill bit to drill a pilot hole for the ez out. Be careful not to drill into the soft aluminum of the head.
9/ Remove the broken bolts with the ez out.

Or....

1/ Take it to your favorite mechanic and let him do it for you. Lol.
Thank you for the suggestion im going to eventually get to extracting the broken bolt when i have some more time on my hands i think the clamps will do for a temporary fix

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Barakawins