Norcal_ss Lowering Kit Warning

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Rocket Man

Mark
Supporting Member
Reaction score
At some point business’s need to accept the growth and invest in expanding... and staff.

and sadly in California that is stupidly expensive.

Or the business needs to reel it in and get back to basics
Usually they get money hungry and push out as much business as possible with the least overhead, and taking time to talk to customers doesn’t pay but shipping out product does so guess what they spend their time doing? Well, that and overseeing the construction of their new mansion with indoor pool, gun range, tennis court, helipad and 16- car garage.

Wolfpack79

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I’m not knocking the guy at all. He’s well respected here and for good reason. His prices are very good but I’ll take communication with customers over price any day.

Rocket Man

Mark
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I’m not knocking the guy at all. He’s well respected here and for good reason. His prices are very good but I’ll take communication with customers over price any day.
Oh I’m well aware, I am a past customer of his. He was always there to answer questions and he replaced my DJM rear end links under warranty. If you go back in this thread I was the one defending him but it seems he no longer is available for help so I quit doing that. I see he also has branched out into diesel performance, Norcal Diesel Performance has popped up in my searches lately. So my thoughts are that he is just making money now at the cost of taking care of people so my opinion is changing and what I’m hearing isn’t good.

StatutoryAPE

Reaction score
I'm just now seeing these posts and I'm not surprised others have had issues with this guy. I've had all the same issues and it drove me away also. I bought the majority of my kit for my Tahoe from him and it was like pulling teeth for answers. I went back to him to buy my kit for my Colorado and it was like ten times worse. Then after purchasing my Colorado kit from another dealer I sent him one last message just to tell him how unsatisfied I was and he was very unprofessional in his response. I will never do business with him again nor will I recommend him to anybody I know.

If you do the math he's really only saving you a lil bit of money but he's wasting a ton of your time waiting on responses. And when you get a response it's less than half assed. And let's not use covid as an excuse to defend his terrible customer service!

Jaytizzle

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Adding to this as I’m working with Tony now. I worked with Tony 3 years ago for my 2011 Tahoe. I just picked up a 2018 and I text Tony about a 2/4 kit. He answered quickly but when I had more questions via text and email, no answers. I text and emailed him again about when I should be receiving the kit. He text me “ shipping tomorrow “. Perfect, so I call and set up a shop time. Then last night, he emailed me, “ spindles are 8-12 days out” . Wtf?!? Which one is it? I’m thinking of just canceling the order because if it’s an issue getting simple questions answered now, what’s it going to be like later.

RThomasII

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Excuse my ignorance here but what's the difference between Tony's 2/4 kit and the Belltech 1019 2/4 kit?

When I swapped the MaxTrac stuff out for Belltech I was working with Tony as well. He actually did a pretty good job of giving me short/summarized answers to any questions that I had. I wanted to purchase from the "little guy" but ended up just going with the 1019 straight from Belltech because Tony told me the free travel mod is required with his kit and I didn't want to cut up my truck.

The 1019 kit rides great BTW. I've got a few trips from DC to NJ (Hillside, Union area) on the kit plus around town driving and have had absolutely no issues on the highway or crappy ass NJ & DC city streets.

Jaytizzle

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Excuse my ignorance here but what's the difference between Tony's 2/4 kit and the Belltech 1019 2/4 kit?

When I swapped the MaxTrac stuff out for Belltech I was working with Tony as well. He actually did a pretty good job of giving me short/summarized answers to any questions that I had. I wanted to purchase from the "little guy" but ended up just going with the 1019 straight from Belltech because Tony told me the free travel mod is required with his kit and I didn't want to cut up my truck.

The 1019 kit rides great BTW. I've got a few trips from DC to NJ (Hillside, Union area) on the kit plus around town driving and have had absolutely no issues on the highway or crappy ass NJ & DC city streets.

I think ( not 100% ) the rear springs are different.

I was going to go with the Belltech 1019 as well but decided to go with Tony. I feel like I should have just gone with Belltech directly.

STORMIN08

Full Access Member
Reaction score
just some input on the maxtrac 4" rear coils...i just did a 2018 tahoe, with the maxtrac 2" spindle, 4" rear sping...the rear dropped 5". we had to install a 1.5" lift puck until the new 3" rear belltech coils arrived.

BigBlackBurban

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I really wish that I would have seen this thread a few days ago. Before spending any USD's with this guy. I'm currently working through some issues with dude. I will see how this pans out, before I make a statement.

gat0r

Full Access Member
Reaction score
he was avail to answer all ?'s that i had... before & after purchase

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Eliteweapons