Norcal_ss Lowering Kit Warning

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Kee Fuller

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I will chime in since i recently dealt with Tony. The pulling teeth to get answers is pretty accurate. I had to specify the set up i wanted about 3 or 4 times til he finally understood. It seems like he skims over his messages instead of fully reading them which gets frustrating. I had to reach out numerous times a day to find out when my stuff was getting shipped. I never got a receipt for my coilover rebate and ended up using a screenshot for proof to belltech.

Products are good as well as the price, but his communication skills need work.

Rocket Man

Mark
Supporting Member
Reaction score
You’re right. He just struck me wrong being his first
“contribution” to the forum. I have edited my posts in order to show consideration. Nice it is.

Rocket Man

Mark
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I will chime in since i recently dealt with Tony. The pulling teeth to get answers is pretty accurate. I had to specify the set up i wanted about 3 or 4 times til he finally understood. It seems like he skims over his messages instead of fully reading them which gets frustrating. I had to reach out numerous times a day to find out when my stuff was getting shipped. I never got a receipt for my coilover rebate and ended up using a screenshot for proof to belltech.

Products are good as well as the price, but his communication skills need work.
Yep, he’s a small-time guy whose business has grown and although he used to give us personalized service we got used to, it’s obvious to me we can’t expect that from him anymore. He’s on a lot of forums and imo his business has outgrown his ability to give great customer service. But like I explained before, and you can ask several members here, pretty much every company is crushing under the weight of their huge increase in business due to Covid and it’s effect on how many people are stuck at home and are working on their projects every day now instead of just a day a week. Plus add in all the suppliers who can’t get parts made because people have to work 6 feet from each other. If you’ve shipped much lately you’d know there’s now issues with all the shipping companies. Performabuilt transmissions told me UPS has LOST 6 transmissions lately, and they’ve never lost a single one in years prior. They told me to insure mine for full replacement cost, $4000. It’s getting worse and I’m seeing it get even more worse in the future. Everybody better crank their patience level way up because it’s not business as usual and it is going to get worse before it gets better, just like Covid is.

Danny3737

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I’ve been in sales for over 30 years for manufacturers and distributors. The customers that complain the loudest are the ones you take care of first. Lack of communication will always drive a customer or potential customer away. With social media the way it is, bad reviews will kill you and you will never know exactly how much business you’ve lost until you are out of business altogether.

I understand the frustration when somebody spends their hard earned dollars and don’t feel they are getting the support they feel they deserve. It’s always best to take a few steps back and take a deep breath before posting negative comments and that’s not to say they don’t deserve to be said to warn others. It happens in every industry.

The best way to get results is to pick up the phone and call first which seems to be a lost art especially with the younger generation. That’s not to say anything bad, it’s just how they learned and their is nothing wrong with that. Emails, texts, etc are a quick way to communicate, but unfortunately those types of communication are often taken out of context and exasperate something simple in to a larger problem. Sorry for the rant, but glad to see cooler heads prevailing.

gat0r

Full Access Member
Reaction score
that sucks OP, sorry to hear.

Tony took care of me when i asked ?'s of him... then again it was well before all this crazy kung fu beer flu stuff too.

by chance do you have any pics to show the trouble areas? that may also help others out in future.

Da90

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Not going to lie I had a similar experience. It ******* sucks having issues and everyone else loves the guy. My issues were on my 2006 Tahoe with a 3/4 drop. I just bought a 4-5/6 drop kit for my 93 Cheyenne. I’m looking at buying a 2/3-4 for my 2017 Suburban. After Tony not reading my messages and giving half ass responses I decided to give up and go elsewhere. His service after the sale SUCKS! Not again for me.

I don’t give a shit about cutting or running into problems like described above. It’s when you have legit questions and the guy is a complete flake. Doesn’t read the full message and you think to yourself wtf kinda half ass answer was that!? I told tony what I purchased from him per his request. He didn’t read shit and proceeded to tell me I need these parts that didn’t fit my suspension. Got the shit myself after like 2 days of getting nowhere via text and phone calls.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Last edited:

Chert_Detective

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Do yourself a favor and just piece the kit together yourself. It will be cheaper anyways.

Sorry to hear about your troubles. This is exactly what I did. No "kits" were going to drop it the way I wanted, replys to messages were very short or lacking information, and I noticed nothing was proprietary in his packages so I researched and gathered parts myself. Nothing wrong with his business model, just wasn't the place for me. 5F/6.5R, stock front and rear sway bars in stock location, all brackets in oem locations, pinion angle corrected, axle centered left to right, stock front strut, -0.3° camber up front on oem camber plates. Only cutting was to do the free travel mod and bolt 1.25" bumpstops to the axle.

20200720_111016.jpg 20200720_170611.jpg 20200724_153715.jpg 20200716_194321.jpg

To be fair though, when you do a drop as large as a 4/6 you're going to run in to things like exhaust clearance, or this is now close to that, etc. Would it be nice if you were given a heads up, sure.. but lowering a vehicle is not like lifting a vehicle.

Feel free to message me if you would like any assistance with the parts you currently have.

Kee Fuller

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Sorry to hear about your troubles. This is exactly what I did. No "kits" were going to drop it the way I wanted, replys to messages were very short or lacking information, and I noticed nothing was proprietary in his packages so I researched and gathered parts myself. Nothing wrong with his business model, just wasn't the place for me. 5F/6.5R, stock front and rear sway bars in stock location, all brackets in oem locations, pinion angle corrected, axle centered left to right, stock front strut, -0.3° camber up front on oem camber plates. Only cutting was to do the free travel mod and bolt 1.25" bumpstops to the axle.

View attachment 253369 View attachment 253365 View attachment 253366 View attachment 253367

To be fair though, when you do a drop as large as a 4/6 you're going to run in to things like exhaust clearance, or this is now close to that, etc. Would it be nice if you were given a heads up, sure.. but lowering a vehicle is not like lifting a vehicle.

Feel free to message me if you would like any assistance with the parts you currently have.

what bumpstops did you get? I didn't know i need ones that have to be tapped in. I thought the ones that came with the springs would do

Chert_Detective

Supporting Member
Reaction score
what bumpstops did you get? I didn't know i need ones that have to be tapped in. I thought the ones that came with the springs would do

I'm not sure what you have. I ordered Belltech 4922's, they're listed as 1.26", I have yet to bottom out the shock or bumpstop though. There is a hole on the bumpstop pad on the axle already, I just bolted them on there.

Screenshot_20200725-132050_Gallery.jpg

NORCAL SS

SUV SUSPENSION GURU
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Thanks for input

1. Gm used 2 different tabs above panhard mount drivers side so you trim the lip left over on the mount not upper crossmember

2. Bumpstops bolt thru the holes already on axle pads. Also can cut down for more clearance

3. Im around 24/7 text 415 519 2432 im sorry you feel I ghosted you but im here.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
firedog9518

Latest posts