Noisy early morning transmission ?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

George B

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction score
You can hear the planetary from inside? I can barely hear my wife anymore!

Yes, ever so faintly. If I have any other noise in the vehicle including the window down I cant hear it. I actually have to “listen” for it. The truck is still new to me so I hear and notice everything! Drives me nuts!

Kelsda

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hi, Are all these 6 speed transmissions so noisy at first in the mornings ? Seems kinda strange to me, my 1990 Chevy Silverado 700R4 is quieter than the 2015 Tahoe !

My wife’s 2018 Tahoe with a 6 speed is whining I thought it was in the front end dropped of at the dealer tonight I will let you know what we find out maybe as soon as tomorrow still under warranty

Kelsda

Full Access Member
Reaction score
My wife’s 2018 Tahoe with a 6 speed is whining I thought it was in the front end dropped of at the dealer tonight I will let you know what we find out maybe as soon as tomorrow still under warranty
So similar to your vehicle as it warmed up noise went away
Dealer just called right front wheel bearing replaced good but truck only has 33,000 on it I had an 07 avalanche same thing cheap bearings

Floep

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Buy her the FUR coat, the whine will stop, don't be so cheap

cireallin

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hi, Are all these 6 speed transmissions so noisy at first in the mornings ? Seems kinda strange to me, my 1990 Chevy Silverado 700R4 is quieter than the 2015 Tahoe !
I just went through this recently and the dealership ended up doing a full service on the transmission after multiple visits. Eventually it was replaced under extended warranty.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nyc2011Denali