Noise when wheel is turned?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Scottydoggs

Full Access Member
Reaction score
plowing id hit 50 mph in reverse, so yeah i just might have.

i never knew the speedo worked on reverse till i had my brother with me and hes like your speedo said you just went 50 mph.....im like it works in reverse?

like i said, i had a evil right foot. red headed step child abuse lol

truck actually felt stronger loaded up with a 1000 lb of salt in the back and a 8 foot commercial fisher plow up front.

had 33's too from day one of owning it, aka it came home these were on the old truck i had so they went right on it. this is one of them factory freak trucks that came just a bit higher then most, but i still added 2 inch blocks out back and torsion bar keys up front.

lesson learned on the keys, ill never do them again. they suck. ill do a real lift if it ever comes to that.

this truck also had huge rotors, i want to say 14 inch or larger and had monster dual piston calipers front and back, same pads front and back too.

if this truck could talk id be in jail lol
MVC-003F.JPG
these brakes are on a 05 3500, same brakes and all tho but its a dually mason dump truck.

little tip for any one doing brakes on a leaf sprung rear end, you break the slider pins free, then take the bracket bolts out and remove the whole caliper and bracket as one unit, with all of GM's wisdom the slider bolts will not come out, the leaf springs are in the way. same deal for a 2500 with a short stack of springs.

and for that rotor your pulling the axle and the locking nuts and bearings. more fun. talk about dead weight too.
pinos brake job 3.jpg

in the end you got to love a full floating rear end.
pinos brake job 6.jpg

pinos brake job 5.jpg

pinos brake job 2.jpg