No spark, no fuel, no start but will crank 95 2 door hoe, 5.7l, 4WD

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

dkknaebel

Keeping LKQ in business
Reaction score
Good morning everyone. Got a strange thing going on the Hoe. I was having trouble starting her for the past couple of weeks. One day she'd be fine and then two days later, no start. She will crank, she won't start. Started troubleshooting. The fuel pump kicks on. I have replaced the fuel pump relay, the coil, the cap & rotor (she ran the best ever after I did this and then she died and has stayed dead now). There is a new ignition switch in the truck. Checked for spark, no spark. No fuel is being dumped in the bowl and no pulsing on the injectors either. Replaced ICM, replaced oil pressure sensor after we did the fuel pump because that died too. So we check my PCM. Pulled it and started looking to see if there was any visible signs of damage, etc. I start to look for a replacement. The last four of the PCM in mine is BJYL, but when I go to search for that, it comes up for Silverados, not Tahoes. The last four that comes up for Tahoes is BJYK. Could this be the problem? It's always had a weird idle and hiccups when stopped at a light. The engine is brand new, dropped in a crate 5.7. Any help is greatly appreciated.

Tonyrodz

Resident Resident
Reaction score
I had the EXACT problem in my 01 Express van. It had the vortec motor in it. It was driving me crazy. Turned out to be the pcm. I know you have it narrowed down to that also. I bought brand new/reman, which had to be programmed to my vin and vehicle--which I'm thinking you'd have to do also.

OP
OP
dkknaebel

dkknaebel

Keeping LKQ in business
Reaction score
I had the EXACT problem in my 01 Express van. It had the vortec motor in it. It was driving me crazy. Turned out to be the pcm. I know you have it narrowed down to that also. I bought brand new/reman, which had to be programmed to my vin and vehicle--which I'm thinking you'd have to do also.

Thanks for the response. I think the PCM died. Only other thing i can think maybe is the ignition lock cylinder. Mine is wore out, you can pull the key when it is in the start position. I'm going to double check my PCM number tonight and see what is out there.

swathdiver

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Good morning everyone. Got a strange thing going on the Hoe. I was having trouble starting her for the past couple of weeks. One day she'd be fine and then two days later, no start. She will crank, she won't start. Started troubleshooting. The fuel pump kicks on. I have replaced the fuel pump relay, the coil, the cap & rotor (she ran the best ever after I did this and then she died and has stayed dead now). There is a new ignition switch in the truck. Checked for spark, no spark. No fuel is being dumped in the bowl and no pulsing on the injectors either. Replaced ICM, replaced oil pressure sensor after we did the fuel pump because that died too. So we check my PCM. Pulled it and started looking to see if there was any visible signs of damage, etc. I start to look for a replacement. The last four of the PCM in mine is BJYL, but when I go to search for that, it comes up for Silverados, not Tahoes. The last four that comes up for Tahoes is BJYK. Could this be the problem? It's always had a weird idle and hiccups when stopped at a light. The engine is brand new, dropped in a crate 5.7. Any help is greatly appreciated.

I'm not familiar with that model but do suspect the computer as well. Use your VIN to identify the right computer. Did you ever get the AC going?

OP
OP
dkknaebel

dkknaebel

Keeping LKQ in business
Reaction score
I'm not familiar with that model but do suspect the computer as well. Use your VIN to identify the right computer. Did you ever get the AC going?

No AC yet as I had other projects going on. Is there a website I can go to in order to verify my computer? Or is that a dealer thing?

swathdiver

Full Access Member
Reaction score
OP
OP
dkknaebel

dkknaebel

Keeping LKQ in business
Reaction score
I checked all three sites but they don't specify whether it is the BJYK or BJYL for the PCM. If anyone can help with the VIN, PM me please.

swathdiver

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I checked all three sites but they don't specify whether it is the BJYK or BJYL for the PCM. If anyone can help with the VIN, PM me please.

I wouldn't think that would matter when you have the part numbers. The one listed under AC Delco Professional says you must move the prom from the old computer to the new.

Without knowing your VIN, I came up with these two:

16197427 and 218-11795

Do you know anyone with a Tech-2 over there? It would be nice to know what codes are being thrown or see what the computers are or aren't seeing.

OP
OP
dkknaebel

dkknaebel

Keeping LKQ in business
Reaction score
The 16197427 is the one I have in now. The hubby has an OBD1 scanner, we are going to hook up the laptop and see if we can get it to scan. I have the bastardized OBD1.5.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rick3645