No spark, no fuel, no start but will crank 95 2 door hoe, 5.7l, 4WD

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

PG01

Supporting Member
Reaction score
So, she cranks but doesn’t start right now and you have no spark, but you just replaced the cap and rotor it started, ran, died and now it just cranks?

OP
OP
dkknaebel

dkknaebel

Keeping LKQ in business
Reaction score
So, she cranks but doesn’t start right now and you have no spark, but you just replaced the cap and rotor it started, ran, died and now it just cranks?

That is it exactly. Monday she wouldn't start, would crank. Grabbed new cap and rotor, she fired up. Drove her to work and then the gym and home. That weird flutter/hiccup had gone away and I was like FINALLY! then Wednesday, no start just crank. Put in a new ICM, no start just crank. Put in a new coil, no start just crank. Tested for spark, no spark. Fuel pump runs but no fuel to the bowl, no pulse on injectors

OP
OP
dkknaebel

dkknaebel

Keeping LKQ in business
Reaction score
That's good, not a hard job, but it just sux getting under there and taking it out to exchange it.
Eh, that is Future Dawn's problem at the moment.

Can anyone recommend a software program that would read the DTC's? I have an OBD1 DLC but when we tried to pull codes with my husband's datamaster software, nothing came up

PG01

Supporting Member
Reaction score
That is it exactly. Monday she wouldn't start, would crank. Grabbed new cap and rotor, she fired up. Drove her to work and then the gym and home. That weird flutter/hiccup had gone away and I was like FINALLY! then Wednesday, no start just crank. Put in a new ICM, no start just crank. Put in a new coil, no start just crank. Tested for spark, no spark. Fuel pump runs but no fuel to the bowl, no pulse on injectors
Iirc to set the timing you need to unplug a connector on the firewall somewhere,I don’t remember where or how many wires tho and not sure what year this changed, it bypasses the pcm, i guess in theory if you unplug the connector you should get spark and fuel because it is bypassing the pcm... that way you know pcm, or a wire to pcm is bad. I know bad grounds mess up pcms.....its been a long time though.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MCDizz