No Refresh for 2024

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

StephenPT

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I am dying to know if the ugly infotainment system will be replaced by what chevy is using on their 1500 trucks.
It won't.

The interior refresh will be nearly identical to the '24 Traverse - at least as far as the infotainment is concerned. GM has the Arlington plant humming at a high efficiency right now. Given the high profit margins of the SUV platform and the pending UAW strike, they don't want to introduce any changes that impact production volumes at this point. I wouldn't be surprised that there isn't a single difference between the '23 and '24 (other than maybe a new exterior color or two)

1692980977627.png

Suburban2024

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
It won't.

The interior refresh will be nearly identical to the '24 Traverse - at least as far as the infotainment is concerned. GM has the Arlington plant humming at a high efficiency right now. Given the high profit margins of the SUV platform and the pending UAW strike, they don't want to introduce any changes that impact production volumes at this point. I wouldn't be surprised that there isn't a single difference between the '23 and '24 (other than maybe a new exterior color or two)
Well, if there is no update in either the body outside and infotainment inside, and no LZ0 diesel engine option, I have to ask how Suburban could compete with most recent generation Ford expedition. Whoever will still purchase 2024 Tahoe/Suburban, they much be chevy fans, no doubt on that.

cjlewis

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Well, if there is no update in either the body outside and infotainment inside, and no LZ0 diesel engine option, I have to ask how Suburban could compete with most recent generation Ford expedition. Whoever will still purchase 2024 Tahoe/Suburban, they much be chevy fans, no doubt on that.
I don't see why they wouldn't shift to the new LZ0 diesel. Makes no sense to continue to produce two different version. Suspect they used 2023 to use up existing stock of the LM2.

Polo08816

Full Access Member
Reaction score
It can compete with the Ford Expedition - I consider them interchangeable. I do like the Ford Expedition's dash and seats better than the non Denali GM full size SUVs. I also like that you can get a traditional (non air) suspension with the eLSD option.

I think delaying the GM refresh is a mistake. They don't get the 1 year advantage over the Ford Expedition. Now they will both be released at the same time.

Blueinterceptor

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Everyone touts this huge screen in the interior for 24. How much time do you really look at the screens. I look at the heads up for my speed and speed limit 99% of the time

dbphillips

Full Access Member
Reaction score
It won't.

View attachment 406954
I guess the scale is smaller than the full size, but the far edge of that screen looks like quite a reach...

OP
OP
DuraYuk

DuraYuk

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I guess the scale is smaller than the full size, but the far edge of that screen looks like quite a reach...
From all accounts the new interior should be like the Silverado EV. I wouldn't be surprised if the 'refresh' isn't just full redesign and won't be seen until the end of this product cycle. GM has never done a major mid cycle refresh on the full size suvs. I don't see why this model will be any different. Especially considering how strong sales are.

Id imagine we see some different options and packages like super cruise being more widely available and that's it.

WalleyeMikeIII

Full Access Member
Reaction score
From all accounts the new interior should be like the Silverado EV. I wouldn't be surprised if the 'refresh' isn't just full redesign and won't be seen until the end of this product cycle. GM has never done a major mid cycle refresh on the full size suvs. I don't see why this model will be any different. Especially considering how strong sales are.

Id imagine we see some different options and packages like super cruise being more widely available and that's it.
I'd like to see SuperCruise available without the RSE...not sure why they force you to take RSE when taking SuperCruise...but maybe the two options share some smarts....I have no need nor want for RSE.

OP
OP
DuraYuk

DuraYuk

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'd like to see SuperCruise available without the RSE...not sure why they force you to take RSE when taking SuperCruise...but maybe the two options share some smarts....I have no need nor want for RSE.
I think it was packaged that way because it was in short supply so they want you to pay for it. Id imagine as availability increases you can package it without . maybe even on lesser trims.

Tahole

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I spoke to a dealer and he mentioned the 2024 tahoes come with an updated infotainment center

I’m wondering if it’s the same infotainment that has been featured in spy shots? Or do we think that new infotainment is going to be in the 2025s?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Thekenstar