Pull the trigger on a 2023 or wait for a 2024?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

chris s

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Now that GM is waiting until at least 2025 for the mid cycle refresh; I wanted to see if anyone knows what, if any, changes will be included on the 2024?

I am thinking if the 2024 is going be essentially the same… I might be able to get a deal (relativel) on a 2023. Thoughts?

Miami-Dade

Staff member
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Moved you here from 2015 section.

Welcome from Miami Beach!

Banks22

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I’m in the same boat. Been holding off for a 2024 and I will actually get a allocation next week for a 2023 because orders close on September 14 for 2023 right when the uaw contract ends too lol. Things are sounding like a strike is going to happen! But yea I can’t find any changes posted yet for 2024. The Detroit auto show is September 13 so maybe they’ll show something there…

Polo08816

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Without the changes being implemented I don't see why someone would wait. The price will go up a little bit no matter what, the strike could make it get delayed and go up a lot. Why risk it if nothing serious will be new?
I agree. If you're able to wait, you'd wait until 2025 when both the Tahoe/Suburban/Yukon and Expedition are refreshed in the same MY.

Unless GM magically fixes the lifter issues in their NA V8s for 2024, there may not be a reason to wait.

WillCO

Full Access Member
Reaction score
It comes down to the deal you can get on a '23.

Price constant (it won't be), I'd get a '24. You never know what they fixed as they reset production. It's always best to get the newest version of a car design you can.

But I bet the deals will be really good on '23s right now.

NothEastTahoe

Reaction score
It comes down to the deal you can get on a '23.

Price constant (it won't be), I'd get a '24. You never know what they fixed as they reset production. It's always best to get the newest version of a car design you can.

But I bet the deals will be really good on '23s right now.
Has there been any rumors of them fixing the lifter issue? That's my only worry with the 23 I have coming in two weeks.

For what it is worth, my dealer said he still gets offers from other dealers to buy them from him over MSRP. Best deal I got was a free set of floor mats. I am okay with that, as no where around me is doing big deals. Sounds like if you live near the factory there are some. Are you seeing them in your area?

WillCO

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Has there been any rumors of them fixing the lifter issue? That's my only worry with the 23 I have coming in two weeks.

For what it is worth, my dealer said he still gets offers from other dealers to buy them from him over MSRP. Best deal I got was a free set of floor mats. I am okay with that, as no where around me is doing big deals. Sounds like if you live near the factory there are some. Are you seeing them in your area?
Good question on the lifter issue. My sense is that in that sort of situation, they make production changes quietly and under NDA. If they were too openly descriptive about them they'd get pressure to establish TSBs for previous year models. But I'm not in the industry, so that's just a guess.

NothEastTahoe

Reaction score
Good question on the lifter issue. My sense is that in that sort of situation, they make production changes quietly and under NDA. If they were too openly descriptive about them they'd get pressure to establish TSBs for previous year models. But I'm not in the industry, so that's just a guess.
I hope you are right, and mine built last week has a secret fix ha! I agree though, it would be a mad house at the service stations in they announced a fix all at once. Hopefully they figure something out and everyone is eventually given a long lasting engine that works.

Polo08816

Full Access Member
Reaction score

I hope you are right, and mine built last week has a secret fix ha! I agree though, it would be a mad house at the service stations in they announced a fix all at once. Hopefully they figure something out and everyone is eventually given a long lasting engine that works.

You would hope that if there was a change, the part number would change as well, right?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pepper1700