Pull the trigger on a 2023 or wait for a 2024?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Banks22

Full Access Member
Reaction score
@NothEastTahoe in another thread with a post by @CAPantherFan they explained how the DFM was causing problems with the 6.2 and after the switch to AFM it’s been much better as far as lifter failures and I actually asked my service manager yesterday and she did recommend dmax but said she hasn’t seen lifter failures since 2019 and that 2-3 month build span in the spring of 2021.

NothEastTahoe

Reaction score
@NothEastTahoe in another thread with a post by @CAPantherFan they explained how the DFM was causing problems with the 6.2 and after the switch to AFM it’s been much better as far as lifter failures and I actually asked my service manager yesterday and she did recommend dmax but said she hasn’t seen lifter failures since 2019 and that 2-3 month build span in the spring of 2021.
thanks for the update, that is encouraging news.

jthoske

Reaction score
I’ve had the dmax for 2 months now. Drove it 750 miles each way to the beach. I like it. t times I wish I had the 6.2, mostly for the smile factor. We test drove a 6.2 and loved the sound and the power.

I do love 25mpg hauling 4 adults + gear cruising 80mph in a vehicle this size!!

luvHarleys

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Has there been any rumors of them fixing the lifter issue? That's my only worry with the 23 I have coming in two weeks.

For what it is worth, my dealer said he still gets offers from other dealers to buy them from him over MSRP. Best deal I got was a free set of floor mats. I am okay with that, as no where around me is doing big deals. Sounds like if you live near the factory there are some. Are you seeing them in your area?

drmartini

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
just ordered a 23 a week ago, had to get delivery this fall and didn't want to wait with strike looming and supply chain. really hard to find a 5.3 with other options we wanted (higher end LT with gideon seats and not high country) supposed to be built next week. prices won't be going down and dealer conveyed to me that trim/options will not expand or get better anytime soon

tjs3922

Full Access Member
Reaction score
My local small dealer has a Tahoe and Yukon XL Denali on the lot. They wont last long. seems like GM was dumping some Yukons/Tahoes to dealers very recently. They were surprised they were getting 3-4 that they were not expecting.

Baja_Bob

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Last week I just traded in my 21 yukon xl slt for a 23 yukon xl slt, I was playing around with the build and price and checked inventory and there was one just the way I built it. I got the sterling metallic instead of the black.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pepper1700