No More EGR Block Off Plates?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

drdave81

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Is there a ban on EGR block off plates sold in the US? I can't find anyone that has them in stock or shows them as available anymore. The GM part is discontinued and no one else stocks aftermarket ones, that I can find searching around. I'm installing long tubes that don't have an EGR connection. I found a couple random sites that show them shipped from China, but not a site that looks trustworthy lol.

Mudsport96

Full Access Member
Reaction score
You could hit up a junkyard and see what you can find or just grab an entire intake from a truck that didn't have an egr from the factory

OP
OP
drdave81

drdave81

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'd thought about that too, but ended up finding one on walmart.com of all places lol, through a 3rd party. It showed up a couple days ago. There is also a site called speedway motors that I found still carried them after I ordered mine.

Tonyv__

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'd thought about that too, but ended up finding one on walmart.com of all places lol, through a 3rd party. It showed up a couple days ago. There is also a site called speedway motors that I found still carried them after I ordered mine.
I Noticed 02 sensor extender bungs have slowly drifted off the market too. Was able to find with no issues a few years ago. Had to get one recently and couldn’t find one

Had to work around and use a spark plug non Fowler and drill it out

OP
OP
drdave81

drdave81

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I Noticed 02 sensor extender bungs have slowly drifted off the market too. Was able to find with no issues a few years ago. Had to get one recently and couldn’t find one

Had to work around and use a spark plug non Fowler and drill it out
I'm betting it's due to the govt clamping down on emissions regulations. Cobb tuning had to lock out some features on their stuff too. Guess they got their hand slapped. How long before they go to federal emissions checks, not just at a state level. Then we're all screwed lol.

S33k3r

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I think it is due to the push to electric vehicles, but I'm just guessing. They're trying to phase out all, new ICE sales as of 2035 or earlier.

NoClue97

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I know I think about 2020 in the Euro scene the government went really crazy against tuners and no cat downpipe for the newer turbo engines.
Like 3 months ago I got a full block off kit (EGR on headers, EGR on intake, and I forget the last part) on Aliexpress for $8.
Now all of them on Aliexpress seem to be about $15 for the full kit. Mostly the same stuff just different seller (And the stuff that ends up on ebay or Amazon for double). Aliexpress is like Ebay for most Chinese sellers. The money is held in escrow thru the site and most shipping is 2 to 3 weeks to me here in PA.

SnowDrifter

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Washington. The desert side not the Starbucks side

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mbr1287