New guy with a 2013 Escalade ESV Premium AWD

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

pwtr02ss

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thank you sir. That one looks clean. Those other cheap ones have writing on the top and I hate that

OP
OP
skpyle

skpyle

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thank you sir. That one looks clean. Those other cheap ones have writing on the top and I hate that
I agree. This one is subtle, and understated. It blends in with the engine compartment.

OP
OP
skpyle

skpyle

Full Access Member
Reaction score
This morning, I pulled the 3rd row seats out so I could install a WeatherTech cargo mat in the back. I got the longer mat offered. I have WeatherTech floor mats in the front and second rows, and really like them.

Removing the seats was a pain because I am an idiot and read too fast. I read the instructions in the owner’s manual as fold down the 3rd row seats, tumble them forward, then pull the handles to disengage them. Which is why I was hunched over on my (bad) knees in the back trying to pull up on the seats. After cursing and realize I was getting nowhere, I reread the instructions.

Dummy.

Fold the seats forward, pull the release levers, and the seats pop right out and up.

I wiped off the seat bases and laid them aside. PO had children. :D

I cut out the reliefs in the WeatherTech mat, laid it in the back, then reinstalled the 3rd row seats.

Much better.

9FB4662F-A40C-473A-A471-9299658C6EA4.jpeg
Mat cut and installed.

DF83EEA0-1E13-4FB8-A077-5F5315FB8DA5.jpeg
3rd row seats reinstalled.

EDB954D1-6D3C-45C9-B8E6-FD0588C4B6FA.jpeg
Retread, my supervisor…

Last edited:
OP
OP
skpyle

skpyle

Full Access Member
Reaction score
In a surprising bit of productivity, I was able to get the engine serpentine drive belt and AC compressor belts changed this evening. As well as the idler pulley and tensioner assembly.

Granted, both old belts looked to be in very good condition. No fraying, no cracking across the grooves. They both had GM part numbers on them. However, I don't know how long they have been on there. So...time for new.

Removed the old belt, only issue being just how to rig my serpentine belt wrench so I can get the old belt off and not have the wrench take out the upper radiator hose when the tensioner releases.
Old tensioner and idler pulley came off with no issues. The idler pulley bearing felt fine, but the tensioner pulley bearing felt dry and loose. I spun the water pump, alternator, and PS pump pulleys by hand, all felt smooth and good.

2021-11-11 005.JPG
Tools and materials for belt service.

I installed ACDelco ACK060935HD Accessory Belt Drive Component Kit consisting of tensioner assembly, idler pulley, serpentine drive belt, and AC compressor drive belt. I was bemused to find Gates belts in my ACDelco kit. :I

2021-11-11 004.JPG
Gates serpentine drive belt.

2021-11-11 003.JPG
Gates AC compressor drive belt.

I followed the advice of others here on this forum for the AC compressor belt. I cut off the old one, and used the zip tie trick to install the new one. It went surprisingly well. This is the first 'stretchy' belt I have installed.

2021-11-11 016.JPG
New AC compressor drive belt installed.

Of course I got the routing wrong the first time for installing the serpentine belt. I had to go back and forth a couple of times to the service manual. I finally got it right. And obsessively checked each pulley to make sure the belt was properly seated on the grooves. I have never thrown a serpentine belt on installation, and don't want to start now.

2021-11-11 017.JPG
New serpentine drive belt is installed. And is green...

Start up went just fine. And, as a bonus, the noise that I thought might have been the AC compressor was gone. I am going to say it was the tensioner pulley bearing.

This was the last real maintenance item I needed to catch up. Other than an impending oil change and replacing the brake pads.

George B

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction score
OP
OP
skpyle

skpyle

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Random thing I learned tonight.
While replacing the belts and tensioner, I took the opportunity to check the torque on the intake manifold bolts. I don't remember where I read that suggestion, but I felt it was worth checking. Although, being a 2013, it should be fine. (Yes, I know. I have ALOT to learn...)

Yeah. Wrong. They were nowhere near the 89 in/lbs specified in the manual. Glad I checked them. It was a pain finding the right combination of sockets and extensions that would get my torque wrench to the passenger's side back bolt, but I got it, and the rest of them.

Last edited:

adventurenali92

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Mat looks great! I need to get one for my 2006 XL. My current mat setup on the back is just not working haha. That weathertech fits really well! nice work on the belts as well!

OP
OP
skpyle

skpyle

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Mat looks great! I need to get one for my 2006 XL. My current mat setup on the back is just not working haha. That weathertech fits really well! nice work on the belts as well!
Thank you! I bought WeatherTech mats years ago for my Explorer and loved them! They were a requirement to me for my Escalade.

Thanks!

adventurenali92

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thank you! I bought WeatherTech mats years ago for my Explorer and loved them! They were a requirement to me for my Escalade.

Thanks!
I have husky liner Xact contour liners up front and love them. But hadn’t pulled the trigger on the rear one and now I need to lol

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DarkHearse