New guy with a 2013 Escalade ESV Premium AWD

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
skpyle

skpyle

Full Access Member
Reaction score
you may find the tech2 sometimes doesn't seem to be working right, in that case just take all the cables and adapters apart and push them back together again nice and tight, even though they have little clips they can get loose from dragging it around.
VERY good to know. Thank you!!!
I understand that with these clone Tech 2's, we are on our own if something goes wrong. Granted, with a real Tech 2, if something goes wrong, it won't be cheap to fix...

George B

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction score
Thanks for the confirmation that the kit is all I need to use the tech 2, nothing else

Is the China place you posted where most are buying from? @Doubeleive @swathdiver @kbuskill
It’s where I got mine. I had some issues but most folks here receive a working unit and are happy. Mine works well now after a new VCIM.

swathdiver

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thanks for the confirmation that the kit is all I need to use the tech 2, nothing else

Is the China place you posted where most are buying from? @Doubeleive @swathdiver @kbuskill
I purchased mine off AliExpress years ago. The seller is gone now but provided good customer service.

When choosing a seller, I look for good reviews and more than a few sold. These Chicom companies change names constantly for whatever reason.

Mine has seen near daily use since 2017 and has had the PCMCIA card replaced, a couple of OBDII adapters (one was dropped in a field helping a friend), the main cable and the VCI module died preventing me from talking to older, non-CanBus, cars. This is typical of the real ones that see daily use in shops. The RTC (Real Time Clock) in it quit working years ago but seems to have no effect on it, replacing the battery didn't fix it. It's paid for itself 10x over. It really is a must have if you want to accurately diagnose problems and not throw money and parts guessing.

pwtr02ss

Full Access Member
Reaction score
It’s where I got mine. I had some issues but most folks here receive a working unit and are happy. Mine works well now after a new VCIM.

I purchased mine off AliExpress years ago. The seller is gone now but provided good customer service.

When choosing a seller, I look for good reviews and more than a few sold. These Chicom companies change names constantly for whatever reason.

Mine has seen near daily use since 2017 and has had the PCMCIA card replaced, a couple of OBDII adapters (one was dropped in a field helping a friend), the main cable and the VCI module died preventing me from talking to older, non-CanBus, cars. This is typical of the real ones that see daily use in shops. The RTC (Real Time Clock) in it quit working years ago but seems to have no effect on it, replacing the battery didn't fix it. It's paid for itself 10x over. It really is a must have if you want to accurately diagnose problems and not throw money and parts guessing.

I bought mine off ebay but... I have purchased from china car diags they ship stuff out fairly quickly.
Thank you guys!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MTN_KDA