New guy with a 2013 Escalade ESV Premium AWD

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

pwtr02ss

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I saw you mentioned cabin air filter replaced by the dealer. GM never installed the CAF in any of the 07-14 Escalade. It’s a common upgrade option they offer though.

Either a previous owner installed a CAF on your truck or the dealer never changed it because the add on kit wasn’t there. They do work well. Once you clean all the dust off the diffuser vents, they’ll stay clean.
I did this to the avalanche. I'm not sure how much of a difference it made, but it's got a filter and I feel better about myself. That's gotta be worth something

OP
OP
skpyle

skpyle

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Same. Don't think I'd want to go much faster in the land yacht. I believe my Denali speed limiter is around 111 or 114. I had to find it when I first bought it. I don't think Ive seen it since.
I don't plan on going that fast ever, really. I-85 is in a perpetual state of reconstruction and is in atrocious condition. And is littered with Highway Patrol. Its just good to know I can if I want to...

Glad you like the blackbear tune. He did my 2006 Denali XL in 2017 and it was the best money I’ve spent on the truck! So worth the money. Tune really wakes up the 6.2!
Yep, I am very happy with it. I like having power to spare when I am driving. Gives me options if things get rough.

I saw you mentioned cabin air filter replaced by the dealer. GM never installed the CAF in any of the 07-14 Escalade. It’s a common upgrade option they offer though.

Either a previous owner installed a CAF on your truck or the dealer never changed it because the add on kit wasn’t there. They do work well. Once you clean all the dust off the diffuser vents, they’ll stay clean.
Uh-oh...
It wouldn't be the first thing Hendrick lied to me about.
Guess I wasted money buying a new NAPA Gold cabin air filter. Damm*t...

OP
OP
skpyle

skpyle

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I did this to the avalanche. I'm not sure how much of a difference it made, but it's got a filter and I feel better about myself. That's gotta be worth something
What all did you have to do?

George B

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction score
I don't plan on going that fast ever, really. I-85 is in a perpetual state of reconstruction and is in atrocious condition. And is littered with Highway Patrol. Its just good to know I can if I want to...

Yep, I am very happy with it. I like having power to spare when I am driving. Gives me options if things get rough.

Uh-oh...
It wouldn't be the first thing Hendrick lied to me about.
Guess I wasted money buying a new NAPA Gold cabin air filter. Damm*t...
Going that fast is the easy part. Stopping? Well, that’s different.

Doubeleive

Wes
Supporting Member
Reaction score
the dorman filter fits best because it has a waffled edge and will slide right into the filter slot without being forced and bent up.

OP
OP
skpyle

skpyle

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Going that fast is the easy part. Stopping? Well, that’s different.
Very true. Which is why I just completed going through the brakes. Turned all four rotors, new pads, all new hardware, slider pins, drag reduction clips, flushed the brake fluid, etc...then bedded in the pads to the rotors.

In the future, I am considering upgrading to the 16" front rotors and 4-piston calipers from the 2021 trucks. We shall see...

Thanks!

OP
OP
skpyle

skpyle

Full Access Member
Reaction score

swathdiver

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Last Friday, Black Bear Performance E-mailed me the tunes for the ECM and TCM. I had to work all weekend, so I didn't get them downloaded until Monday night. Test drive went well. Tonight, I drove to work. The shifts are crisper and more positive feeling. As for the engine, well, on the highway, this thing HAULS!!!

Noteworthy things about the tunes:
-disabled AFM
-raised idle speed in gear to 600-625RPM
-locked out TCC until 5th and 6th gears
-speed limiter raised to 120MPH
It'll get better with time too!

My daughter and I drive many of the same routes. Her interior is covered in dust, mine is not.

the dorman filter fits best because it has a waffled edge and will slide right into the filter slot without being forced and bent up.
The Carbon ACDelco filter does as well. CF193C

91RS

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Very true. Which is why I just completed going through the brakes. Turned all four rotors, new pads, all new hardware, slider pins, drag reduction clips, flushed the brake fluid, etc...then bedded in the pads to the rotors.

In the future, I am considering upgrading to the 16" front rotors and 4-piston calipers from the 2021 trucks. We shall see...

Thanks!

The stock front brakes on the 2021 trucks are 13.5" rotors. The Brembo kit is what has the 16" rotors.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rick3645