electric drain 18 esv

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

hank 857

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
my son has an 18 escalade esv. It has the center arm rest cooler and all the bells whistles. I has a drain on the battery I guess and he said he looked for answers on net (dont know where) but he said that the center consol seems to stay on and he said he read that it is due to the car wanting to UPDATE (?) but cant connect to wifi? Anyhow has anyone had a similar problem and where is a good place to start.

TIA Hank

Big Mama

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Welcome to the forum from Virginia. I can’t help with this one but someone with one of these rigs will chime in. I’d think getting the update would be the first step. Is he sure the battery is good and the alternator is charging? These rigs have a known problem of alternators overcharging weakening the batteries.

Doubeleive

Wes
Supporting Member
Reaction score
my son has an 18 escalade esv. It has the center arm rest cooler and all the bells whistles. I has a drain on the battery I guess and he said he looked for answers on net (dont know where) but he said that the center consol seems to stay on and he said he read that it is due to the car wanting to UPDATE (?) but cant connect to wifi? Anyhow has anyone had a similar problem and where is a good place to start.

TIA Hank
never heard of that, but if by some chance that is the case then just take it by any dealer and have them perform "any" available updates should be around $150.00
i think it's more possible either the module is defective or something else, possible 3rd party equipment is keeping it from turning off.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dustpan