New 26s.. DUB FUTURES

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

GalaxyBlackEsky

BlackedoutLT3
Reaction score
Was that at stock ride height in those pictures? I have 1"/2" drop right now and I have to wait till the summer now to see how it looks with all 4 of my 26's on the truck before I decide if I want to put 4" drop springs in the back and adjust my front struts for another 1" lower.

No that was with 2/3 drop.

RotaryMachineRx

Full Access Member
Reaction score
But when I had 305 I wish I had 295 all the time.

Want to elaborate on this? Lots of rubbing? What issues made you feel this way?

I went with 305 as when I see many 295's the rim pokes out further than the rubber meaning it's way easier to rash up the rim on a curb if you're not careful, I feel the 305's just give you a tad bit more protection from that :hands:

Last edited:

GalaxyBlackEsky

BlackedoutLT3
Reaction score
Nice. You have 295 30 26 on the caddy right? Are those Lexani tires?

Yes and yes.. I like the Lexani tires as well. 420's were just way to damn expensive and not worth it for 26's

---------- Post added at 02:01 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:59 PM ----------

Want to elaborate on this? Lots of rubbing? What issues made you feel this way?

I went with 305 as when I see many 295's the rim pokes out further than the rubber meaning it's way easier to rash up the rim on a curb if you're not careful, I feel the 305's just give you a tad bit more protection from that :hands:

Yeah had a lot of rubbing. My tires have a little stretch look to them but also I am running a 26x10.5 rim.

RotaryMachineRx

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Ic, thanks, hoping the body shop will have no issues eliminating all rubbing with the 305's, won't know until March or April though when I get them all on and test it for myself

oc714

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Yes and yes.. I like the Lexani tires as well. 420's were just way to damn expensive and not worth it for 26's

---------- Post added at 02:01 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:59 PM ----------

Yeah had a lot of rubbing. My tires have a little stretch look to them but also I am running a 26x10.5 rim.
Thanks! I think i have to go with 295 30 26 then. I don't want the hassle of making room for 305 30 26 in my wheel wells.

RotaryMachineRx

Full Access Member
Reaction score
So after receiving my truck back from the body shop (had 1 piece grille cut in, door moulding removed, and completely debadged). It was also in to have the wheel wells modified to fit my 26" dub ballers with 305/30/26 tires. The guy tells me that he has to cut a brace on each side that supports my front fenders which I told him to hold off on for now (Im still waiting for pictures from him). He also mentioned that I will probably experience some rubbing on the firewall. I believe this is all worst case scenario with the wheels fully cranked. Now I am only lowered 1"/2" (the rear wheels fit fine with no mods) and I know there are guys lowered much much more than that who can fit the same size of wheels. Did all of you guys with 26" wheels need to cut these braces or is my body shop guy crazy? I don't mind cutting the wheel well liner to fit the wheels but is it common to have to cut into a body panel support as he is saying? I'd prefer not to unless this is the norm for 26" wheels.

Also I'm lowered on drop struts only, no spindles

Last edited:
OP
OP
NORCAL SS

NORCAL SS

SUV SUSPENSION GURU
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
305 30 26 you will need to mod a little more but not cut up all the fenders

RotaryMachineRx

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'm not talking about the fender itself, just a brace inside the body of the truck. I'm still waiting on pics of it from the body shop which will help me understand exactly where this thing is, but you're saying you only had to cut your wheel well liners Tony? Would spindles make a hug difference or is that pretty minor as far as changing the amount of rubbing?

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CT MOTORSPORTS