Finally overhauled the suspension on my 08 Yukon Denali

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Speck

Full Access Member
Reaction score
So this has been a very long time coming, I have been needing to do quite a bit of maintenance on my 08 Yukon in regards to the suspension due to being at 156k miles and never touching any of the components (aside from brakes). So, since it had to be done, why not upgrade!?!

Parts:

OEM front upper/lower control arms with new ball joints
Inner/outer tie rods
Spohn rear adjustable upper/lower bars
Spohn adjustable panhard bar
wheel bearings x4
front axle seals

through @NORCAL SS I ordered:
Front Belltech coil over kit
Drop spindles
Rear Belltech drop shocks
Rear 4" drop springs
Eibach sway bars front/rear
new bump stops (for free travel mod)
Rear helper bags

I also have new motor mounts, but my friend who was helping with the install ran out of time to get them installed on this go around. I hope to have those installed either later this spring or wait until it is time to pull the engine for a full rebuild (hopefully this summer, full build thread coming with that project).

Before:

Measurements: Front 35.5" Rear 37" from ground to fender

20210328_141749(1).jpg

During:

received_293237352413845.jpg

received_280778073563841.jpg

Finished:

Measurements: Front 32.25" Rear 33.5"

received_310474100409021.jpg

I will attempt to get it all cleaned up and have some proper photos taken later this week with all of the spring blooms out, but I got it back at sunset last night and am at work today. It does have room to come down in the front and initially it was lower when putting the drop spindle in with the coil over, but cranked the coil up as far as it would allow for to give a more uniform look to the rear. I may or may not consider the 6" drop spring at a later time, but we will see... As for initial impression for driving... holy s@!t!!! feels amazing going around roundabouts and corners now. Completely flat throughout and does not have any roll whatsoever. I will have to get used to the bounce a little now as I cannot tell if it is just "that firm" or if it is a combination of being a firm ride and me being used to a shot and worn suspension from prior to the work. Regardless, I am very happy with how this has turned out.

Last edited:

87carl

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Don't it have rack and pinion steering? No pitman and idler arm? Otherwise looks good

OP
OP
Speck

Speck

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Don't it have rack and pinion steering? No pitman and idler arm? Otherwise looks good

You are correct and my mistake. I checked with my buddy who helped with getting the OEM parts and it was only inner/outer tie rods. And thank you.

kbuskill

***CAUTION*** I do my own stunts!
Reaction score
You are correct and my mistake. I checked with my buddy who helped with getting the OEM parts and it was only inner/outer tie rods. And thank you.

Your truck looks good.

I've got a set of Tony's 6" drop springs that I recently removed from my Burb. Still has the helper bags in them.

I lifted the truck back up 2" all the way around and changed out the rear to the TBSS air bags, hooked to my auto leveling compressor, instead of springs.

PM me if you are interested in the springs. I don't think Tony has any in stock at the moment, or at least he didn't last time I checked.

OP
OP
Speck

Speck

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Your truck looks good.

I've got a set of Tony's 6" drop springs that I recently removed from my Burb. Still has the helper bags in them.

I lifted the truck back up 2" all the way around and changed out the rear to the TBSS air bags, hooked to my auto leveling compressor, instead of springs.

PM me if you are interested in the springs. I don't think Tony has any in stock at the moment, or at least he didn't last time I checked.

Thank you Ken! I might consider it!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dvnt