2018 Tahoe/Dead Animal Smell

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

scokat

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Did a search couldnt find anything, so here goes. Turned the ac on today, dead animal smell bad. Pulled cabin filter, had part of a nest on it. I can see up above where the filter sits, i think its duct work, more nest. Is there a way to access the duct work above the cabin filter? Im sure whatever is dead is up there. Is seems that is the duct that comes from the engine dept but im not sure and dont know how to access it.

Last edited:

Joseph Garcia

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Welcome to the Forum from NH.

Lots of knowledgeable folks here who freely share their knowledge, experiences, and perspectives. Knowledge is power.

I hope that you will become a participating member in the Forum's discussions.

Pics of the truck, please.

Can you get a vacuum cleaner hose with a radiator attachment up there, and perhaps suck the remaining debris out of the duct?

OP
OP
scokat

scokat

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I'll try to get some pics, but it seems awfully thin. I checked with the chevy dealer today, and they say it happens more often that people think. They couldntor wouldnt give me info on how to acess the duct work.

BlaineBug

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Just wondering where the access point would be from the outside in to the ductwork.

Linderov

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Assuming it's a mouse the good news is eventually the smell will go away. I had a dead one in my Mustang. Put the car into summer duty in April, dead thing in there somewhere. $250 interior cleaning later, still stank. Barely noticeable now, like 2 mos on. Good luck.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Five3brian