Need new instrument cluster

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
DenaliAK

DenaliAK

Colder than you
Reaction score
Got it back and installed today. Things seem to all work. It's still too light to appreciate the LED's...I can hardly tell they're on, but I will go out when it gets darker to check it out. :)

OP
OP
DenaliAK

DenaliAK

Colder than you
Reaction score
Quick update:

Everything looks good and checks out.

Unfortunately, and I knew this was a risk going in, the stepper motors didn't solve the oil pressure fluctuation and alarm. So, it's probably a sending unit which I just had replaced in February and I'm not thrilled about having to go back for that. I'm going to have to try to get the shop to fix it free since it ought to work after just a few months. I've had nothing but issues with this shop, but I can't afford to pay for another one.

Nice work by Scottyboy, though. The gauge issue is NOT his doing, so don't let this disuade anyone from his work. :Handshake:

ScottyBoy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Sorry that didn't fix your problem. But the good news is you now have new stepper motors. And you had half your light bulbs out anyway, so the LED upgrade was needed anyway. :Handshake:

Post some pics of it installed and lit up when you get a chance.

OP
OP
DenaliAK

DenaliAK

Colder than you
Reaction score
Roger that. Problem is it's light 20 hours a day here this time of year....lol. I'll have to be out at about 1AM to get the full effect. It does look nice, though. I wish there was a way to make the odometer and DIC displays match the LEDs, though. That'd look even better.

OP
OP
DenaliAK

DenaliAK

Colder than you
Reaction score
20120714_221514.jpg

Taken at about 11pm. Still kind of light out.

20120715_004626.jpg

And at about 1am....

Last edited:

Yukon_

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Blue LEDs MOD by Scottyboy over a year ago...

Scott did mine over a year ago, I did have a problem with a few, that started to blink fast, then go out, but he replaced then for me. Overall gives the SUV a unique look, and modern design (considering the age). Thanks again Scott !!

Blue LEDs.jpg

Blue LEDs4.jpg

Blue LEDs5.jpg

krt

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Ok, here are some photos.

I would just send my cluster for the led update with scottyboy but I want the to add trans temp gauge just like this. I guess if I go this route it requires a reprogramming for the mileage right?

Attachments

• photo%20(6).jpg
    photo%20(6).jpg
    2.8 KB · Views: 35
Last edited:

Tropical Bob

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Hey guys I want to replace the instrument cluster on my 03 Tahoe. The bulbs are burning out, and are NOT replaceable. Any suggestions?

Gauges 1.jpg

Gauges 2.jpg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TU1881