Need help for Lower Control Arms

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Kervin

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Alright so I’m lifting my 09 Tahoe LTZ 4wd and I’m also rebuilding my front end while I’m at it. I’ve gotten everything I need so far except lower control arms. I have always heard moog was a good brand and I’ve always used them myself but I ordered their LCAs from Amazon and not only was the box tore all up, both arms had the boots with pinholes. I looked into Mevotech and heard they’re trash and not worth the time and money. Trying to see if anyone could help me or let me know if the same moog LCAs from their website would be better.
Moog ck620955
Moog ck620956

89Suburban

Bull in the china shop
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I just ordered MOOG through Amazon an it hit my porch yesterday. I pulled it out of the box and it looked okay but I didn't take it out of the plastic bag yet for a close inspection.

89Suburban

Bull in the china shop
Supporting Member
Reaction score
This guy has a video of how to replace it without removing the spindle completely.

Charlie207

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I had some Nissans before my current Yukon, and Moog were always considered meh at best. They just happen to be available everywhere - at all the usual scumbags and online retailers.

swathdiver

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Alright so I’m lifting my 09 Tahoe LTZ 4wd and I’m also rebuilding my front end while I’m at it. I’ve gotten everything I need so far except lower control arms. I have always heard moog was a good brand and I’ve always used them myself but I ordered their LCAs from Amazon and not only was the box tore all up, both arms had the boots with pinholes. I looked into Mevotech and heard they’re trash and not worth the time and money. Trying to see if anyone could help me or let me know if the same moog LCAs from their website would be better.
Moog ck620955
Moog ck620956
Depends on packaging and handling really. They are supposed to have covers over the ball joints to protect them.

Doubeleive

Wes
Supporting Member
Reaction score
oem lasted this long, why not just replace them?, oem prices can be pretty good if you search around.
typically the top 3 price leaders are rockauto/amazon/ebay, but if they are on sale elsewhere that can be a win also.
just be sure you are getting oem when ordering, pay attention to the details or ask questions.

Dustin Jackson

Full Access Member
Reaction score
@Kervin I ordered the Moog premium lower control arms from Amazon and they have treated me well for the last 2 years. I admit that Amazon doesn't do a good job of transporting them but I would not fault Moog for that. My entire front end is build with Moog premium line of parts.

Californian

Reaction score
I just went through this myself. I went with the Mevotech TTX LCA's and I am happy with them so far. They seem stronger than the stock ones.

13UpInSmoke

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Went with the Mevotech as well when I rebuilt my front end. So far so good

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
firedog9518

Latest posts