My immaculate '95 Tahoe 2-Door- I doubled the horsepower

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

homesick

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I was looking for the cheapest way to increase the factory rating of 200 HP, without hurting reliability or driveability. I finally decided the simplest, cheapest way to 400 HP was a trade, even up. I have an '07 Escalade now.

I miss the Tahoe but the Escalade is a nice drive. It's grown on me.

joe

iamdub

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I was looking for the cheapest way to increase the factory rating of 200 HP, without hurting reliability or driveability. I finally decided the simplest, cheapest way to 400 HP was a trade, even up. I have an '07 Escalade now.

I miss the Tahoe but the Escalade is a nice drive. It's grown on me.

joe

See you in the GMT900 forum!

OP
OP
homesick

homesick

Full Access Member
Reaction score
You couldn't just flip the air filter lid to double your HP? Just kidding.

I helped a bit my brother swap an LQ4 into his OBS C1500 RCSB TBI. I personally think it's too much work, time and money to invest in something like that and would do what you did as well.

In all seriousness, the extra power is obvious. The rack and pinion steering is much better than the recirculating ball, and I even found a deal on Goodyear Eagles, for the 22s, for it.

When I was young, I drilled about a bazillion holes in my breather. If there was any underhood heat to spare, I wasn't letting it get wasted.

LOL, oh well, live and learn.

joe

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ihaveatahoetoo