My From Start to Finish 6.0L Build

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
RAMurphy

RAMurphy

Bob
Supporting Member
Reaction score
@iamdub So you got me again to rethink some of my decisions. Reached out to Texas Speed and asked again about there recommendations and how they compute compression ration they sent me their link to the calculations:

When I plug in my numbers it spits out a compression ration of 10.565:1, which is different that the ratio of the Summit calculator of 11.1:1. Which also explains their recommendation of a slightly thinner gasket.

My numbers:

Bore Diameter: 4.03
Stroke Length: 3.622
Chamber Volume: 64cc
Piston Dome/Dish Volume: -2
Deck Clearance: .006
Gasket Thickness: 055
Gasket Bore: 4.1
Cylinders: 8

Compression Ratio: 10.565:1

Based on this, I can see why Texas Speed recommended a gasket thickness range that started lower than Summit Racing. The .055 gasket was in the middle of their suggested range and near the bottom of Summit. I'm think I could go a little thinner on the gasket. Thoughts?

OP
OP
RAMurphy

RAMurphy

Bob
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Today I reached out to Circle D with a few questions on their recommendation of the 300mm 2800-3000 rpm torque converter recommendation. I'm a novice when it comes to torque converters and transmissions. Just trying to understand thought process that went into that recommendation. Essentially, is this a good choice? Thoughts?

OP
OP
RAMurphy

RAMurphy

Bob
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I love working with both Texas Speed and Summit Racing. A shout out to Summit Racing. Came home today from work and my thinner head gaskets were delivered (2 days - and it was free shipping). So, I uninstalled the other gasket (driver's side) and installed the new gasket. Glad I paid the extra money for the ARP bolts. Again, learning as i go.

OP
OP
RAMurphy

RAMurphy

Bob
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Heard back from both Circle D and Black Bear Performance today. BB confirmed payment, answered a question, stated I was near the top of the list and when I was expected to be completed with my build. I told them I still needed several weeks. Circle D answered my questions and I will be ordering a torque converter from them in the next week or two. Tomorrow I will install the updated passenger side head gasket and then measure the required push rod length. I will order both the push rods and rocker arms following those measurements. Getting Closer.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
warock56

Latest posts