Morimoto XTR LED Reverse Light Install

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

ppvfan

Reaction score
After looking at various ways to add an extra reverse light, I bought the Morimoto XTR LED Reverse Light. It mounts at the top of the rear plate using the upper licence plate screws. It was $107 CAD.

This is how I did it and I'm sure there's probably a better way. Hopefully, this may help someone else. I can't add more photos so if you have any questions, just ask.

12v-tap.jpg

It came well packaged with enough wire to complete the job. It also included a tap to access the 12v reverse power at the tail light (green wire).

ground.jpg

hatch-left-wire.jpg

You'll need to loosen the upper left (drivers) trim, remove the panel from the rear hatch and remove the tail light to get at everything. I also removed the rear left pillar trim to find a ground. I fed the wire through the rear hatch and ran it up the left side with the help of some tape. The wire from the taillight went up the pillar.

hole-in-hatch.jpg

I couldn't see an easy way to route the wire through the licence plate bulb area so I decided to mark and drill a hole just above the top right corner of the plate. If you drill a hole, it must be big enough to fit the wire connector. There is an included grommet to fit into the hole.

led-xtr-done.jpg

I don't have any before or after images but it makes a huge difference backing up at night. Well worth it in my opinion.

PS: I know the sticker is expired, we don't get new ones anymore.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dustpan