[MOD] Safe and super easy and cheap ($1.50) full time DRL

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

camaroz1985

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Here is a pdf of how to do it on the 03-06 trucks. I think I eliminated diode 3 as shown on page 9 (it is redundant if you are doing the other ones). I thought I only used 3 diodes but I did use 4.

Attachments

• ftdrlnstall.pdf
    267.2 KB · Views: 13

adventurenali92

Full Access Member
Reaction score
So it took me a few tries and about a half hour of moving the diode around between the relay slots to get it right. But I got the diodes in the correct spot and now my DRLs, which my halos are wired into, come on with my headlights. So I have those on at night now which is exactly what I wanted! I'm stoked! Interesting tidbit, my 2006 Denali has a relay in the panel for both the low and high beams since they are seperste bulbs. Didn't know that. Good thing there were two diodes on then pack from RadioShack! Lol. Anyways ran a one to the low beam and one to the high beam from the DRL relay. I'll post some pics this evening when the sun starts to go down with the lighting. It looks pretty sweet!

DDenali

Full Access Member
Reaction score

DDenali

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I looked at the picture better and saw the led tube is under the headlight my bad bud

Sent from Dugar's iPhone 7 Plus using Tapatalk

adventurenali92

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yeah its just a simple led tube I got off eBay. I'm gonna change it though because the leds are already starting to flicker after only a few months. It's quote annoying. Lol.

DDenali

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I hate led flicker that's why I don't have any led bulbs on my Yuk

Sent from Dugar's iPhone 7 Plus using Tapatalk

adventurenali92

Full Access Member
Reaction score
@DDenali , I have them in quite a few places. Those tubes are the only ones that are flickering. But that's because they were cheap and I'm a resuming weren't meant to last long. So I gotta find some better quality ones.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Turbokon