Turn signal bulbs stay on during operation of vehicle, in accessory mode, and when locking vehicle they flash on in the rear

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

r_marietti

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I’ve joined this group looking for answers to an electrical problem I am having. I own a 2005 Chevy Tahoe, and I’ve swapped my turn signal bulbs along with my daytime lights, reverse, and brake lights all to Led Bulbs. I’ve also installed an aftermarket flasher relay to prevent hyper flashing. During the recent rains, my passenger side turn signal bulbs both from and rear, stay on like described in the title. All my fuses are good, at least the ones I checked. I don’t know if this could be a ground wiring issue, or if it could be a bad bulb socket. Any suggestions would be great as I stumped myself on this one as electrical is not my forte.

BG1988

Full Access Member
Reaction score
something is using the signal Electrical circuit to ground.. this can cause an electrical fire

bad ground wire somewhere

OP
OP
R

r_marietti

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
something is using the signal Electrical circuit to ground.. this can cause an electrical fire

bad ground wire somewhere
I thankfully figured out this issue shortly after I posted this, my issue was the marker light bulbs, the little 880 ones in the side of the headlights were both out, causing what I think was a short circuit or something due to them being tied into the turn signals

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ajdahl8660