Mini d2s retrofit

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

HACK BLOCK

Full Access Member
Reaction score
What headlamps did you buy? Do you have any more pictures? I'd like to see how you attach the projector to the stock reflector. I'm looking at the same kit from Retrofit source. Thanks.
eBay has them cheaper and came faster than Amazon suggested I would get mine

91RS

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I was going to check eBay when I get a chance. I couldn’t find the Eagle Eyes brand on Amazon when I looked yesterday. That brand name sounds familiar so I think I’ve had something from them in the past. The “insurance quality” brands like TYC and Depo I’ve had bad luck with in the past of not lasting very long before they look like garbage again. I was planning on buying new GM lights for this but my preliminary research into this found that it’s very difficult to get the GM lights apart due the sealer they use so I don’t want to risk damaging brand new lights.

91RS

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'm going to ask this here first since you used the D2S 5.0 like I am. Did you use the rubber "gasket" between the projector and the reflector? I bought the tool to tighten the lock rings with and I've tightened it to the point where I'm scared to go much more and the projector can still be wiggled a little bit so I'm nervous that they'll move after hitting bumps in the road. They seemed to be more sturdy without the seal but I still fear that once big bump and it'll move and then the nut will be loose. I didn't grind down the lip on the reflector side because it doesn't look like the reflector is even on all sides so I wondered if that would cause problems also or weaken the plastic too much. I thought about taking the seal out and putting epoxy or something to attach the projector to the reflector another way once I get the beam level but if that doesn't work there'll be a huge mess left behind.

OP
OP
mcislak

mcislak

Reaction score
I'm going to ask this here first since you used the D2S 5.0 like I am. Did you use the rubber "gasket" between the projector and the reflector? I bought the tool to tighten the lock rings with and I've tightened it to the point where I'm scared to go much more and the projector can still be wiggled a little bit so I'm nervous that they'll move after hitting bumps in the road. They seemed to be more sturdy without the seal but I still fear that once big bump and it'll move and then the nut will be loose. I didn't grind down the lip on the reflector side because it doesn't look like the reflector is even on all sides so I wondered if that would cause problems also or weaken the plastic too much. I thought about taking the seal out and putting epoxy or something to attach the projector to the reflector another way once I get the beam level but if that doesn't work there'll be a huge mess left behind.
I did use the rubber seal between the reflector and the projector. They included it in the kit so I figured best to use it. As far as getting it tight I cranked it down pretty good and haven’t had any issues of it loosening and twisting

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

91RS

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Maybe I just need to crank down on it more. I’ve got it pretty darn tight right now, at least I think I do, and I can still twist the projector a little. I feel like putting in the bulb and igniter might move it.

I attached a picture of the lip inside the reflector I was asking if you ground flush or if you left this one alone.

320C7100-161D-40A9-9F12-DB6CE9A2582A.jpeg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Juju14