Midlothian to Possession

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

todayusay

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have a punch-list with my dealer for multiple things that don't work... Adaptive cruise control, passive door locks, "key missing" upon re-entry, rear lift gate not opening 30% of the time, car shaking >65mph....

the rear lift gate issue is real.

our 2022 did it and our 2023 is the same way...when the liftgate hasn't been opened all day and the first time it's "opened" using the button on the outside - it'll only unlatch the lift gate. a second press of the button and it opens fully. any other time after that initial opening and it opens as it should

johnsmith4545

Reaction score
It would be interesting to hear more stories of those who had cars sitting in Midlothian for months and if they had any issues post delivery. While having a car sit baking in the Texas summer sun sounds awful, here in Florida a car would bake in the summer sun as well.

mek17

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
It would be interesting to hear more stories of those who had cars sitting in Midlothian for months and if they had any issues post delivery. While having a car sit baking in the Texas summer sun sounds awful, here in Florida a car would bake in the summer sun as well.
I ordered a 2022 Yukon XL SLT in March 2022. It was built in June and sat in Arlington and/or Midlothian for about 8 weeks. It was delivered to the dealer on 8/4. I got halfway there to pick it up, and dealer called me and said they started it for a test drive and the check engine light came on with an engine code. Since 8/4 they have replaced numerous sensors, parts, and most recently the ECM. They cannot get the code to clear and are "still working on it."

On 8/23 I ordered a 2023 Yukon XL Denali from a different dealer. It was built week of 9/12 and has been in Midlothian since 9/16. As of today, neither the dealer nor GM chat can explain why it is there or when it will be shipped out.

I live an hour from Midlothian.

Mharpy29

Reaction score
I agree

mek17

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I ordered a 2022 Yukon XL SLT in March 2022. It was built in June and sat in Arlington and/or Midlothian for about 8 weeks. It was delivered to the dealer on 8/4. I got halfway there to pick it up, and dealer called me and said they started it for a test drive and the check engine light came on with an engine code. Since 8/4 they have replaced numerous sensors, parts, and most recently the ECM. They cannot get the code to clear and are "still working on it."

On 8/23 I ordered a 2023 Yukon XL Denali from a different dealer. It was built week of 9/12 and has been in Midlothian since 9/16. As of today, neither the dealer nor GM chat can explain why it is there or when it will be shipped out.

I live an hour from Midlothian.
Further to this story, yesterday the 2023 Denali showed up on the GMC and dealer websites as "in transit." I was able to view it on both sites and capture the VIN. Today it is not showing on either the GMC or dealer website. Not sure what that means, but I don't t think its good news...

Mharpy29

Reaction score
Further to this story, yesterday the 2023 Denali showed up on the GMC and dealer websites as "in transit." I was able to view it on both sites and capture the VIN. Today it is not showing on either the GMC or dealer website. Not sure what that means, but I don't t think its good news...
I know when mine showed up (twice) as dealer inventory, they removed it as it was spoken for. It's never showed up on the gm inventory. It's been ib Midlothian and Arlington as of April

Doodah3

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Longtime lurker…ordered my 2022 Tahoe z71 6.2 max towing around Feb 2022, produced 5/18..sitting somewhere in Texas since then..today was the first time I was able to pull up the window sticker so I’m hoping that means progress. I have debated 1000 times the sanity of buying a 70k+ product from a company that can’t do any better than GM at communicating status but here I am…excited to just see an electronic window sticker:)

Az aviator

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Longtime lurker…ordered my 2022 Tahoe z71 6.2 max towing around Feb 2022, produced 5/18..sitting somewhere in Texas since then..today was the first time I was able to pull up the window sticker so I’m hoping that means progress. I have debated 1000 times the sanity of buying a 70k+ product from a company that can’t do any better than GM at communicating status but here I am…excited to just see an electronic window sticker:)
Where do you pull up window stickers? I have a vin.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rick3645