Midlothian to Possession

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

acapote86

Reaction score
Need some advice... Yukon arrived at the dealership on Monday, was going to pick it up today until they text messaged me pictures - It's not even the interior color that we ordered. We ordered the Jet Black with Brownstown option, and what was delivered was just jet black. They confirmed that the what we had originally ordered (on paper) was JB and brownstone, but somewhere along the way it was changed. Dealer has offered no remediation options... what would you do, and is there another avenue to escalate this? Wife does not want the jet black
I doubt they will do anything for you. It would be at the dealers discretion. I ordered a Yukon XL Denali with bench seats back in March. It was produced mid May with captains chairs. Dealer could not tell me what happened or why it was swapped with out notice.

Danimalx87

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Sounds like you have some poor dealers not staying on top of orders. You'll see GM accepting orders, then making changes all the time when it goes to production. Case in point, every single Yukon Ultimate is being submitted with Super Cruise as it's a standard option for that trim. Every single one will be changed by GM at time of production because they don't have the hardware for Super Cruise.

Very dumb IMO and honestly I'll probably be getting an ESV with Super Cruise as soon as they're available, trading in a new '23 Ultimate to do so. The dealer can see all these changes as they take place in Global Connect, they just aren't taking the time to follow up.

Gharris

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
If it shows up in inventory and has a WS, it truly is just waiting for transport. Mine has been in midlothian for 3 months, and has no WS and doesn't show up in inventory. I know the lack of transparency is very frustrating!
I still haven’t taken delivery of the vehicle as of last week they finally told me that it was actually pulled for quality control. Not sure how long it’s been like that or how much longer we have to go. It’s ridiculous.

Az aviator

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I still haven’t taken delivery of the vehicle as of last week they finally told me that it was actually pulled for quality control. Not sure how long it’s been like that or how much longer we have to go. It’s ridiculous.
What was your build date? Specs?

Gharris

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
What was your build date? Specs?
I don’t know the build date. It was an order the dealer placed and I put down payment on it. It’s a 2023 so I’m just assuming that it was July 18 or after.
It’s a 4x4 diesel RST.

CowtownTX

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I ordered a 2022 Yukon XL SLT in March 2022. It was built in June and sat in Arlington and/or Midlothian for about 8 weeks. It was delivered to the dealer on 8/4. I got halfway there to pick it up, and dealer called me and said they started it for a test drive and the check engine light came on with an engine code. Since 8/4 they have replaced numerous sensors, parts, and most recently the ECM. They cannot get the code to clear and are "still working on it."

On 8/23 I ordered a 2023 Yukon XL Denali from a different dealer. It was built week of 9/12 and has been in Midlothian since 9/16. As of today, neither the dealer nor GM chat can explain why it is there or when it will be shipped out.

I live an hour from Midlothian.
Hoping I don't end up in the same boat.

Mine has been built, but just last week. I could drive to the Arlington plant in less than 20 minutes, maybe double that to get to Midlothian.

Have you had an update?

I know my dealer hasn't received a single Yukon/Yukon XL in over 2 weeks. Seems to be a holdup as they are a pretty high volume dealer.

mek17

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Hoping I don't end up in the same boat.

Mine has been built, but just last week. I could drive to the Arlington plant in less than 20 minutes, maybe double that to get to Midlothian.

Have you had an update?

I know my dealer hasn't received a single Yukon/Yukon XL in over 2 weeks. Seems to be a holdup as they are a pretty high volume dealer.
As of yesterday, GMC chat told me it is still at 4300 in Midlothian with no ETA. This morning, I received an email from GMC stating "your vehicle has been produced release to the carrier waiting to be ship. There is no ETA as of yet. The vehicle is last seen in once of our distribution center in Midlothian TX."

I texted my dealer asking for a status update, and noting that the vehicle is now showing up on the GMC website. He said he would check but has not responded with any update yet. When he does, and assuming he does not have an ETA, I will ask if they have received any other Yukons lately -- that's a good question.

Az aviator

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
As of yesterday, GMC chat told me it is still at 4300 in Midlothian with no ETA. This morning, I received an email from GMC stating "your vehicle has been produced release to the carrier waiting to be ship. There is no ETA as of yet. The vehicle is last seen in once of our distribution center in Midlothian TX."

I texted my dealer asking for a status update, and noting that the vehicle is now showing up on the GMC website. He said he would check but has not responded with any update yet. When he does, and assuming he does not have an ETA, I will ask if they have received any other Yukons lately -- that's a good question.
My vehicle has been in that status since May, released to carrier waiting to ship.

rws1987

Reaction score
My suburban just showed up on the Chevrolet website and the dealership website today, after almost 10 months. BUT still no window sticker available. Anyone else have this happen?

StephenPT

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Showing up on the inventory/dealer site means the rig went down the production line. No window sticker means it wasn't a complete build and is now sitting in a yard waiting for parts.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MyCleftNut

Latest posts