Midlothian to Possession

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

ColeBlooded

Full Access Member
Reaction score
It does not..

Just got the call, Vehicle arrived at the dealership. Planning pickup Thurs or Friday.

For the record: Ordered Dec 2021, Built 4/2022, arrived at Midloathian 4/13/22, Shipped to Arlington TX 8/15/22, Window Sticker generated around 9/1/22, Arrived at dealership 9/20/22.
That's a long wait. Congrats.

slc-ryan

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I hate being a pessimist... But a word of caution to everyone finally taking delivery...

Recap (ordered June 2021, took delivery September 2022)... Sat in Midlothian for 3 months.

Warning - Your vehicle sat in Midlothian for a reason. I was told on more than 1 occasion that they couldn't handle shipping so many vehicles. I was told only once it was a quality control issue. I was told multiple times, mine lacked no chips.
Upon delivery we discovered that a whole body panel had been replaced post assembly line (it still had polish compound against the seals and windows). Sadly, despite knowing they needed to tidy up some quality, the replaced body panel is shoddy work with multiple sections of paint that aren't done properly (the color is there, but there is pitting or missing clear coat).

I have a punch-list with my dealer for multiple things that don't work... Adaptive cruise control, passive door locks, "key missing" upon re-entry, rear lift gate not opening 30% of the time, car shaking >65mph....

Take your time upon delivery and assume something is wrong. Vet it out, and get stuff in writing with your dealer to resolve it.

aksarbenc

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Man that's a bummer. I'm making sure to take delivery of mine in broad daylight and will be thorough with my inspection. Thanks for the heads up.

Mharpy29

Reaction score
I hate being a pessimist... But a word of caution to everyone finally taking delivery...

Recap (ordered June 2021, took delivery September 2022)... Sat in Midlothian for 3 months.

Warning - Your vehicle sat in Midlothian for a reason. I was told on more than 1 occasion that they couldn't handle shipping so many vehicles. I was told only once it was a quality control issue. I was told multiple times, mine lacked no chips.
Upon delivery we discovered that a whole body panel had been replaced post assembly line (it still had polish compound against the seals and windows). Sadly, despite knowing they needed to tidy up some quality, the replaced body panel is shoddy work with multiple sections of paint that aren't done properly (the color is there, but there is pitting or missing clear coat).

I have a punch-list with my dealer for multiple things that don't work... Adaptive cruise control, passive door locks, "key missing" upon re-entry, rear lift gate not opening 30% of the time, car shaking >65mph....

Take your time upon delivery and assume something is wrong. Vet it out, and get stuff in writing with your dealer to resolve it.
That's ridiculous, I can't even imagine. I'd probably snap and have a mental breakdown. Mines been sitting since April.

When was yours built?

I have a 23 being built in October, maybe I'll just wait.

slc-ryan

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
That's ridiculous, I can't even imagine. I'd probably snap and have a mental breakdown. Mines been sitting since April.

When was yours built?

I have a 23 being built in October, maybe I'll just wait.
Order 06/15/2021
Built 06/13/2022
Shipped to Midlothian 6/18/2022
Took delivery a few weeks ago...

Az aviator

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Is anyone taking delivery of yukons with the max tow option? My order has that but I'm wondering if that's a big reason for the delay. Not seeing any on the lot with that option either.

slc-ryan

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Is anyone taking delivery of yukons with the max tow option? My order has that but I'm wondering if that's a big reason for the delay. Not seeing any on the lot with that option either.
Mine was a Suburban, but yes, it was max tow + Duramax. Waited 15 months.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
golavaman