Midlothian to Possession

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Lbscott

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
we ordered a Z71 on 8/2 and it was apparently immediately accepted...got the print out that Friday with it at 2000...asked last week and was told the TPW was 8/15 so I guess we'll see if they are building any Z71s currently.
Yes, they have made some Z71’s. Dealer told us they are on hold for some reason. Just started this week. He had a lot of information this time we talked. More information than we’ve had through this whole process.

Lbscott

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
we ordered a Z71 on 8/2 and it was apparently immediately accepted...got the print out that Friday with it at 2000...asked last week and was told the TPW was 8/15 so I guess we'll see if they are building any Z71s currently.
Keep us posted. We still put order in. Dealer sends them over on Thursday's. So we will see!

Chad G 1979

Full Access Member
Reaction score
He said they have put a hold on all other trims but LS. Obviously there are some that have been built. He just said right now they are only building LS’s‍♀️
interesting. I am going to text my dealer and see what he's heard about that and if by chance my build gets bumped forward in time.

Lbscott

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
interesting. I am going to text my dealer and see what he's heard about that and if by chance my build gets bumped forward in time.
Let me know what he says!! I have seen a ton of LS models in transit. A few Z71’s. He just told me that they have put a hold on all 2023’s except LS!!! Curious to hear what your dealer says.

Chad G 1979

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Let me know what he says!! I have seen a ton of LS models in transit. A few Z71’s. He just told me that they have put a hold on all 2023’s except LS!!! Curious to hear what your dealer says.
i am HOPING its true and i get moved forwards in time. I have a weekend getaway in mid october that i would LOVE to have my tahoe for.

Lbscott

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
i am HOPING its true and i get moved forwards in time. I have a weekend getaway in mid october that i would LOVE to have my tahoe for.
Same!! Our 16 year old took over our old 2006 Tahoe. Still runs amazing at 280k miles. Luckily my husband works from home so having to share 1 car while we wait hasn’t been that bad. What’s 3 more months

tuandan

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Long story short. I called the GM escalation number on 7/18. They were not able to assist in any fashion and actually gave me incorrect info. I sent a Karen'eque email to Mary Barra shortly after.

I coincidentally checked my dealer's website and an exact build of my 2022 5.3L Z71 Suburban (different color, black) popped up on their website. It has a WS, shows on the Chevy inventory site and available in VINview on a railcar heading east to Florida. I contacted my salesman to ask if I could apply my down-payment from 7/2 to this one instead of the midnight blue one that I "purchased" on 7/2. The midnight blue is still sitting in the MID lot with 3800 since 6/23.

Sales rep said he would ask the sales manager on 7/19 when he is back in the office. The same GM escalation rep who I spoke to on 7/18 called me on the morning of 7/19 and said GM received my email and they are escalating my case. She again gave me incorrect info about the location of my truck and couldn't explain why it was still bayed in the MID lot. She said it might be missing chips but admitted she was only speculating.

I received a text from the sales rep later that afternoon that I could purchase the black Z71! Finally a bit of good news. VINview shows a delivery date of 8/8. What is odd is that it was built AFTER the midnight blue Z71. The midnight blue had a 3800 code as of 6/23 then moved to MID lot on 6/24. I was not able to get the event history for the black one but its VIN is -360XXX. The VIN for the midnight blue is -339XXX.

I am assuming some chips were delivered to the Arlington plant during the time that the black one was still on the assembly line and they were able to build it close to completion. This is all speculation but it kind of makes sense to me. So now the trucks sitting in MID lot were moved there due to missing parts/chips. I believe they have to be moved back to the Arlington plant for the missing parts to be installed. Or could those parts be installed on the lot?

Just wanted to share those data points and my experience with this purchase so far. I won't be relieved until I can finally add it onto my insurance policy and see it in my driveway.
Quick update on my situation. The black Z71 Suburban I was promised instead of the midnight blue was delivered on 8/5 and I took possession on 8/7.

The case with the GM escalation group really did not help with any issues with the midnight blue Z71 Suburban that I originally placed a down payment for. That is actually scheduled to be delivered to the dealer tomorrow, 8/18. The only information the escalations group provided was that they are "working" on it. Specifics were not provided.

As for the truck so far, I took a moderate road trip since that time and am now right over 1k miles. It drives nearly as smoothly as my '21 Denali half ton with the Magneride yet mine does not have it. Fit and quality is very impressive for a non-luxe vehicle. However I have had two issues; a defective ambient light sensor which is a known issue. The 13545621 part to replace it is on backorder from GM with no known ETA. Hopefully GM has corrected the faulty sensors for any builds after June. I was lucky to replace it with the older part 13529378 but that will be tough to find if you are having this issue. The other issue is the power release on the driver side second row captain's chair. It is inconsistent at best but it might be a user error issue. I will try to troubleshoot it more when I have time. The right one releases and folds without any issues.

Overall, I am very impressed with the truck and its quality so far. More surprisingly, I am very impressed by the dealership which I got it from. They allowed me to get the one built/delivered after the original one I reserved was delayed in Midlothian. The driver and passenger windows were tinted for me without any notice/cost when I picked it up. What I am not impressed or even satisfied with is GM's service. I feel horrible for those who are still waiting on their orders/vehicles stuck in Midlothian. The auto market is still so confusing. The manufacturers look like they are starting to fulfill new inventory at the dealers but the used auto market is still overinflated. There is a 2021 version of my same exact truck going for nearly $76k at a dealership down the road from where I picked up my new one. Absolute lunacy. Appreciate everyone's info and advice on this forum!

ashabug

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Got a call from dealership today. Tahoe built 5/14. Been in Midlothian and dealer thinks it should ship soon. But our Tahoe is affected by the seatbelt recall☠️☠️ He said it may still get delivered to the dealership, but will have to wait for the seatbelt part to come in. Needless to say- we ordered a 2023 Z71 Tahoe. Currently they are only making LS 2023’s. I guess we will take whichever comes first. What is 3 more months of waiting anyways
If the original Tahoe was not already on a train or truck it will not be making it to the dealer until after it clears the recall process. Bet if you go looking on the chevy site you won't be able to find it anymore because they pulled all the ones labeled "in transit" that were sitting in arlington with a "pending dispatch" status

Ellie

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Quick update on my situation. The black Z71 Suburban I was promised instead of the midnight blue was delivered on 8/5 and I took possession on 8/7.

The case with the GM escalation group really did not help with any issues with the midnight blue Z71 Suburban that I originally placed a down payment for. That is actually scheduled to be delivered to the dealer tomorrow, 8/18. The only information the escalations group provided was that they are "working" on it. Specifics were not provided.

As for the truck so far, I took a moderate road trip since that time and am now right over 1k miles. It drives nearly as smoothly as my '21 Denali half ton with the Magneride yet mine does not have it. Fit and quality is very impressive for a non-luxe vehicle. However I have had two issues; a defective ambient light sensor which is a known issue. The 13545621 part to replace it is on backorder from GM with no known ETA. Hopefully GM has corrected the faulty sensors for any builds after June. I was lucky to replace it with the older part 13529378 but that will be tough to find if you are having this issue. The other issue is the power release on the driver side second row captain's chair. It is inconsistent at best but it might be a user error issue. I will try to troubleshoot it more when I have time. The right one releases and folds without any issues.

Overall, I am very impressed with the truck and its quality so far. More surprisingly, I am very impressed by the dealership which I got it from. They allowed me to get the one built/delivered after the original one I reserved was delayed in Midlothian. The driver and passenger windows were tinted for me without any notice/cost when I picked it up. What I am not impressed or even satisfied with is GM's service. I feel horrible for those who are still waiting on their orders/vehicles stuck in Midlothian. The auto market is still so confusing. The manufacturers look like they are starting to fulfill new inventory at the dealers but the used auto market is still overinflated. There is a 2021 version of my same exact truck going for nearly $76k at a dealership down the road from where I picked up my new one. Absolute lunacy. Appreciate everyone's info and advice on this forum!
How do I contact the GM escalation group? I ordered a 2022 GMC Yukon SLT on Feb 21 and all they can tell me is that it is in a lot in Midolothian, TX. It has been assigned to a carrier but is waiting on semi-conductors (chips). No one can give me an ETA.

tuandan

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
How do I contact the GM escalation group? I ordered a 2022 GMC Yukon SLT on Feb 21 and all they can tell me is that it is in a lot in Midolothian, TX. It has been assigned to a carrier but is waiting on semi-conductors (chips). No one can give me an ETA.
That information was posted in this thread but it'd be difficult for anyone to search for it now.

I emailed [email protected] then someone called me. But their direct line is 855-880-1500. They did not provide any sort of value outside of tracking through VINview which your dealer can do as well.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MCDizz

Latest posts