Magnuson Supercharger, Valve Train and other supporting mods. 2007-2013, 5.3L Chevy Tahoe

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

randeez

Full Access Member
Reaction score
i say go bigger, those show as 43lb, that is about what the 6.2 flex injectors are at 44psi. if your truck is a flex fuel truck the in tank pump should support 60lb decently. the usualy upgrade is to 80lb(850cc) or so. if youre using fic or fid the cost is about the same. you can get cheaper ones but to keep the fpcm happy (and functional) you need to adjust some values in the tune

OP
OP
Chrismnj

Chrismnj

Full Access Member
Reaction score
i say go bigger, those show as 43lb, that is about what the 6.2 flex injectors are at 44psi. if your truck is a flex fuel truck the in tank pump should support 60lb decently. the usualy upgrade is to 80lb(850cc) or so. if youre using fic or fid the cost is about the same. you can get cheaper ones but to keep the fpcm happy (and functional) you need to adjust some values in the tune

many of them say don't fit flex fuel

OP
OP
Chrismnj

Chrismnj

Full Access Member
Reaction score
are any injectors provided with the maggy?

that is a good question. still in the box lol, I did see a Bosch package, now you gonna make me go and check.

Edit.

No, they don't provide injectors.

Last edited:

67RS427

Full Access Member
Reaction score
that is a good question. still in the box lol, I did see a Bosch package, now you gonna make me go and check.

Edit.

No, they don't provide injectors.
OEM CTSV injectors will get you pretty far and do just fine at 10psi. I have a set with less than 15k miles on them. They usually go for $225 or so. Yours for $175 shipped if you want them, PM me.

*stock CTS injectors are 56lb btw. Lots of CTS guys are making 600whp with stockers. For reference, I'm running 1000cc (95lb) FIC injectors and I've never seen more than 45% duty cycle. You won't need to spend $800 on injectors at your power level... Your idle quality will just get worse and then you probably have to scale your entire tune

Last edited:
OP
OP
Chrismnj

Chrismnj

Full Access Member
Reaction score
OEM CTSV injectors will get you pretty far and do just fine at 10psi. I have a set with less than 15k miles on them. They usually go for $225 or so. Yours for $175 shipped if you want them, PM me.

Iam thinking to bolt everything on get it running and see what it does, thank you for your offer, will keep in mind, also it will just get harder to diagnose when something goes wrong if I start messing with fuel now.

67RS427

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Iam thinking to bolt everything on get it running and see what it does, thank you for your offer, will keep in mind, also it will just get harder to diagnose when something goes wrong if I start messing with fuel now.
Agreed, that's the smart thing. See if you even need the extra fuel first. Make sure you keep an eye on that wideband though, don't wanna lean out and hurt something. It's always nice to use OEM parts when possible so if you have a problem you can go to any store and get a replacement.

OP
OP
Chrismnj

Chrismnj

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I am more concern about transmission now, what do you think how far stock will go?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mjbaker84

Latest posts