LS swap is happening

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

homesick

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I wouldn't paint over the windings just to avoid any chance increasing heat in them. It might not matter but I see it as cheap insurance.

joe

OP
OP
Squirrelsmith

Squirrelsmith

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Paint the windings no matter what theories people may come up with they are only theories. Show my one peraon that has ever had a problem from doing this.

OP
OP
Squirrelsmith

Squirrelsmith

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Bummer. I separated the case and the stator stated in the front half. I tried to bang it out with a dead blow but it wasn’t happening so I’ll just paint the 2 halves as is. I can mask almost everything now except the back half of the windings but I’m not gonna desolder shit.
Your are crimped you couldnt get that off if u wanted to, i tried those ******* are perminate

GMW468

Reaction score
Good stuff. Make sure you post updates and let us know what issues you run into.

This is on my list of things to do to my old Silverado. I scored an LS out of a GMC Yukon Denali for my 67 Chevelle SS but decided to stick with a big block. I'm going to put the LS into my pick up once my kids are done driving it.

homesick

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Paint the windings no matter what theories people may come up with they are only theories. Show my one peraon that has ever had a problem from doing this.

I already said that it might not be enough to matter; but an insulating layer between the machine and any cooling air is not theory.

joe