Let's see some pics of some lifted and leveled

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

992dr

Full Access Member
Reaction score
It's a work in progress but I roughed in the skid plate without a bottom bracket support. It's just bolted on top. First pic is skid attached. Second is without from a distance. Still trying to decide on grille options.

Very nice, I agree with the skid just finishes it off. I'm debating about building one for mine out of tubing just for sh*ts and giggles

Key Level + Shock Brackets, 2009, 2500

39.25” at the top of the well
Where's the damn drooling emoji GMT900 2500 SUV makes me tingle in my lower abdominal area.

Jimmit

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Hahaha. Trying to decide if I just put a grill guard on her or do a bunch of modifications to put a full RanchHand front end… ugh. It’s like a $4000 swing, but I think it would look killer with Silverado fenders, 2500 hood and a legend series bumper… meh. We shall see.

olyelr

Full Access Member
Reaction score
It's a work in progress but I roughed in the skid plate without a bottom bracket support. It's just bolted on top. First pic is skid attached. Second is without from a distance. Still trying to decide on grille options.

Sorry never seen it before…but is the valve stem on those wheels on the inside of the wheel?

jcsswix

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
PXL_20230201_000123942.jpg
Fox 2.0 Front/Rear lift
Dobinsons 2" rear lift springs
Method Grid MR309 Wheels, 20x9, 6x5.5, offset: +18, Backspace: 5.75 MR30929060518
Nitto Ridge Grapplers 295/55/r20
Cognito 110-90295 upper control arms
MOOG CK620956 Heavy Duty lower control arms with problem solver gusher bearings
Mevotech TXMS50820 Heavy Duty Terrain Tough stabilizer bar links
Baseline Overland roof rack
Baseline Overland front winch bumper

Last edited:

Jimmit

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Key Level + Shock Brackets, 2009, 2500

39.25” at the top of the well
So… I went under the truck the other day and my UCA’s were at a terrifying angle… lol. And… After driving around post level, the front was sitting just high enough to be visibly higher than the rear.

Sooo…. Replaced my upper control arms with some Cognito’s, front shocks went to Bilstein 5100’s and I put a 1” spacer under the rear springs.

Now she’s about 40” in the front, 40.5 in the rear. All the angles in the front suspension look /so much/ better. Is it safe to assume I need to get another alignment? Lol

randeez

Full Access Member
Reaction score
View attachment 391572
Fox 2.0 Front/Rear lift
Dobinsons 2" rear lift springs
Method Grid MR309 Wheels, 20x9, 6x5.5, offset: +18, Backspace: 5.75 MR30929060518
Nitto Ridge Grapplers 295/55/r20
Cognito 110-90295 upper control arms
MOOG CK620956 Heavy Duty lower control arms with problem solver gusher bearings
Mevotech TXMS50820 Heavy Duty Terrain Tough stabilizer bar links
Baseline Overland roof rack
Baseline Overland front winch bumper
So… I went under the truck the other day and my UCA’s were at a terrifying angle… lol. And… After driving around post level, the front was sitting just high enough to be visibly higher than the rear.

Sooo…. Replaced my upper control arms with some Cognito’s, front shocks went to Bilstein 5100’s and I put a 1” spacer under the rear springs.

Now she’s about 40” in the front, 40.5 in the rear. All the angles in the front suspension look /so much/ better. Is it safe to assume I need to get another alignment? Lol
How'd you guys with cognito arms bolt on the balljoints? Mine came with 5/16 hardware, the UCA is only slightly bigger, but the balljoint has a 3/8 holes and the 5/16 hardware just swims around in there pretty loose. I don't trust the clamping force of the hardware to keep that balljoint from shifting around. I'm going to drill out the UCA to use 3/8 hardware through all of it

Last edited:

jcsswix

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
How'd you guys with cognito arms bolt on the balljoints? Mine came with 5/16 hardware, the UCA is only slightly bigger, but the balljoint has a 3/8 holes and the 5/16 hardware just swims around in there pretty loose. I don't trust the clamping force of the hardware to keep that balljoint from shifting around. I'm going to drill out the UCA to use 3/8 hardware through all of it
I have not had any issues and I've had them on my rig for 4 years now. I have tested the suspension on many trails and whoops at high speed. With the lock nuts and some loctite you should not have any issues. I went out to check today and they are all still tight.

Jimmit

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I just followed the manufacturer instructions. 22 ftlbs on the 5/16. I’m going in for an alignment today then I’ll torque everything down this evening after an hour cruise and then again at 300 miles… I wasn’t super impressed with the fit on the cognito UCA’s, passenger side almost seemed too wide- and I had to do more modification to the brake line bracket than I expected.