LED issue

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

2000tahoeZ71

Full Access Member
Reaction score
So I replaced all the interior lights with LEDs. Two Overheads, four doors, and two foot lights. Admiring my work when the dome override kicked in and the lights went out, well almost. Faint glow. Pulled and LED and put in one incandescent and it goes away. Apparently there is a minor amount of current that passes through that the normal resistance of the incandescent blocks out. I know that placing a resistor in series to mimic a bulb somewhere will fix it, but where is the easiest/best? I have seen a hundred threads where people converted their tahoes to LEDs and have not seen anyone with this problem yet.

hugho

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
So I replaced all the interior lights with LEDs. Two Overheads, four doors, and two foot lights. Admiring my work when the dome override kicked in and the lights went out, well almost. Faint glow. Pulled and LED and put in one incandescent and it goes away. Apparently there is a minor amount of current that passes through that the normal resistance of the incandescent blocks out. I know that placing a resistor in series to mimic a bulb somewhere will fix it, but where is the easiest/best? I have seen a hundred threads where people converted their tahoes to LEDs and have not seen anyone with this problem yet.

did you flip the leds? they are polarity sensitive and only work in one position.

OP
OP

2000tahoeZ71

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yeah, everything works fine until the lights switch off. Then I get a faint glow from the LEDs due to some residual current. Haven't had time to fool with it.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Off Road Pedia