21+ Tahoe LED Tail Lights

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Superdad1079

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
We bought a new 23 Tahoe RST this year. Finding it truly mind blowing that with the price tag and other technology advances in these vehicles, that Chevy shortchanged buyers with incandescent bulbs in the rear reverse and turn signals. Why??? Was there some load issue with the rest of the vehicle? Would be nice if we could get an explanation from an actual Chevy engineer or service person. It’s really a damned shame. I’ve reached out to PUTCO and they don’t have anything designed yet for a 23. I’ve also started correspondence with LASFIT and waiting on a return email. If the 23’s are the same size/fit as the 22’s, then we should be looking at 921 for reverse and 7443 7440 7444 7442 (I think) for the turn signals. Some manufacturers require a separate resistor, some do not as they are built-in.

H1Chester

Full Access Member
Reaction score
We bought a new 23 Tahoe RST this year. Finding it truly mind blowing that with the price tag and other technology advances in these vehicles, that Chevy shortchanged buyers with incandescent bulbs in the rear reverse and turn signals. Why??? Was there some load issue with the rest of the vehicle? Would be nice if we could get an explanation from an actual Chevy engineer or service person. It’s really a damned shame. I’ve reached out to PUTCO and they don’t have anything designed yet for a 23. I’ve also started correspondence with LASFIT and waiting on a return email. If the 23’s are the same size/fit as the 22’s, then we should be looking at 921 for reverse and 7443 7440 7444 7442 (I think) for the turn signals. Some manufacturers require a separate resistor, some do not as they are built-in.

Pretty sure the LASFIT ones do require a resistor based off what I've seen on the forum and YouTube.

Superdad1079

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Does anyone know if performing this work would void any warranties on the electric system? I have a 23 RST and my wife HATES the incandescent bulbs, so much so that we’re considering a trade in when the 25’s come out. I want to perform this upgrade for her, but nervous about the warranties

Tinbadtin

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Warranty may be denied if you take it to the dealer for an electrical issue WITHOUT removing the harness however why would you risk it and not just remove the harness??

OP
OP
Deuce16GMCs

Deuce16GMCs

Full Access Member
Reaction score
If you wait until 2025, the tail lights will now be LED.

Superdad1079

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
@Tinbadtin cuz, “ain’t nobody got time for that!”

Seriously though, waiting for 25’s sounds like the plan.
If anyone is interested, here is a YouTube link with a walk around for the 2025’s.

Tinbadtin

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Lol. I wouldn’t wait just for the LED tail lights.

A refresh is probably safer than a brand new model but I would also prefer to wait for 2nd/3rd MY for the bugs to be worked out. Why not get a 23/24 now, enjoy it and trade for a 26/27 if the changes are sooo worth it. Who knows how long it will take until you can get your hands on a 25, especially on one without markups.

mummer43

Reaction score
I'm about to take delivery of a '24 Yukon Denali. Does anyone know if the tail lights are LED? I used https://www.vleds.com/ for LED bulbs and they are very high quality.

Just looked at the window sticker on my yet to be delivered Yukon. It says that it has LED headlights, tail lights, LED DRL's, and LED fog lights. Does that mean the turn signals are also LED? What about the reverse lights? I think switching out the bulbs to LED makes a huge difference in brightness as well as makes the vehicle look better. My plan would be to switch out any non-LED bulbs but it seems like that might cause error codes. If my vehicle already has LED's would I get the codes if I switch out any non-LEDs to LED?

I would look at possibly switching out most bulbs, even some of the LED bulbs for better and brighter bulbs. In most cars the reverse lights are anemic so I would definitely switch those out. I'd also switch the license place light bulbs. My Yukon also has the automatic running boards that have lights and I would look to upgrade the bulbs to the brightest I can find.

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Off Road Pedia