21+ Tahoe LED Tail Lights

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
Deuce16GMCs

Deuce16GMCs

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Just looked at the window sticker on my yet to be delivered Yukon. It says that it has LED headlights, tail lights, LED DRL's, and LED fog lights. Does that mean the turn signals are also LED? What about the reverse lights? I think switching out the bulbs to LED makes a huge difference in brightness as well as makes the vehicle look better. My plan would be to switch out any non-LED bulbs but it seems like that might cause error codes. If my vehicle already has LED's would I get the codes if I switch out any non-LEDs to LED?

I would look at possibly switching out most bulbs, even some of the LED bulbs for better and brighter bulbs. In most cars the reverse lights are anemic so I would definitely switch those out. I'd also switch the license place light bulbs. My Yukon also has the automatic running boards that have lights and I would look to upgrade the bulbs to the brightest I can find.

Yukon has all LEDs lights. Because GM wanted to make the Yukon more luxurious. So, no, you don't need led bulbs for a Yukon. This is a Tahoe/suburban issue.

Despite being the same price, GM left quite a bit out of the Tahoes/suburbans.

Hence why the Suburban is GM #1 money maker, even more than the Yukon, because it cost less to build a Tahoe yet they charge the same amount for them.

There used to be a time when the suburban was less than a Yukon to justify the missing features, but people kept paying the premiums so prices kept going up.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tim j