LED Brake Light Bulbs Will Disable Cruise Control on GMT800

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Rocket Man

Mark
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Lol the resistor just gets the circuit within the minimum needed to fool the system, you’re still saving a picowatt of energy over a months time. I mean, that’s why I run leds in my vehicles. I hate it when my truck sends me a big bill for electricity. Same with the gas bill. :insane:

adventurenali92

Full Access Member
Reaction score
. I’m trying to noodle why this is; something about the amount of resistance in the circuit the Cruise Control monitors to turn off when brakes applied, but I can’t figure this out since the Cruise Control surely does not put current in the brake lamp circuit.

Someone more knowledgeable, correct me if I’m wrong, but As I understand it cruise control not working with LED bulbs in the brake lights is GM’s built in safety feature at work. It doesn’t have anything to do with cruise control adding resistance to the brake lamps circuit. If the system detects not enough voltage or resistance going to the brake lights, it assumes one or more brake light bulbs is blown, and then disables cruise control, as a safety measure. which I also don’t understand the logic in that either. Like ok “my brake lights are out, how is disabling cruise control going to make that scenario safer?!” But what do I know… lol.

adventurenali92

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Lol the resistor just gets the circuit within the minimum needed to fool the system, you’re still saving a picowatt of energy over a months time. I mean, that’s why I run leds in my vehicles. I hate it when my truck sends me a big bill for electricity. Same with the gas bill. :insane:
Laughing cuz That’s where my brain went as well when I read the bit about losing the LED efficiency when adding resistors….. I’m really worried about the electrical efficiency in my big gas guzzling SUV…. :Big Laugh:

Burban22

Full Access Member
Reaction score
What is the part number or link to replacement rubber washers that go in the rear turn, reverse, brake bulb sockets?

My driver side taillight has all 3 but passenger side missing so the bulbs are loose in the plastic taillight housing along with dust and water able to enter.

Rocket Man

Mark
Supporting Member
Reaction score
What is the part number or link to replacement rubber washers that go in the rear turn, reverse, brake bulb sockets?

My driver side taillight has all 3 but passenger side missing so the bulbs are loose in the plastic taillight housing along with dust and water able to enter.
That’s a generic part available at your local auto parts store. They should have a rack with little parts like that, Dorman usually has racks with what they call “FixIt” parts. Take one of the ones you have with you to match up but bulbs are all the same size from car manufacturer to car manufacturer, so there’s no GM ones versus Fird ones, they’re like rubbers everybody uses the same ones. ;) :happy107:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
44Dan