Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

volz

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Currently getting a Rear Right Taillight Failure on my message system along with a rapid flash when the right blinker is used, on my 2016 yukon Denali XL. Nothing is out on the rear LEDs, everything is working just rapid flashing. Even swapped the left and right taillights to see if the problem followed the light and it did not, still rapid on the right side. So the light is fine. As far as I can tell there are no relays, to go bad on these LED setups. Only fuse I can find is under the hood and is good. Not sure what is going on here, sounds like a wire issue, but no idea where to start. I have seen some things about resisters needing to be added, but that is on LED swaps these are factory so I havent given that much thought. Hoping someone else as an idea here, the rapid flash and on board message is driving me nuts.

Doubeleive

Wes
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Currently getting a Rear Right Taillight Failure on my message system along with a rapid flash when the right blinker is used, on my 2016 yukon Denali XL. Nothing is out on the rear LEDs, everything is working just rapid flashing. Even swapped the left and right taillights to see if the problem followed the light and it did not, still rapid on the right side. So the light is fine. As far as I can tell there are no relays, to go bad on these LED setups. Only fuse I can find is under the hood and is good. Not sure what is going on here, sounds like a wire issue, but no idea where to start. I have seen some things about resisters needing to be added, but that is on LED swaps these are factory so I havent given that much thought. Hoping someone else as an idea here, the rapid flash and on board message is driving me nuts.
how is the right front light operating? have you checked it to be sure it is working.?
I am asking because typically front & rear are tied together for left & right, if the front right has a bulb out it could cause the same problem
could also maybe be a board failure for the right rear light even if it is still working.

OP
OP
V

volz

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
All right side lights work, front and side mirror, outside of the rapid flash. Board? what/where is that. Any way to troubleshoot that?

Doubeleive

Wes
Supporting Member
Reaction score
All right side lights work, front and side mirror, outside of the rapid flash. Board? what/where is that. Any way to troubleshoot that?
the board inside the right brake light, presuming you have factory led.
are any of the led's not lit on the right brake?

OP
OP
V

volz

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I suspect if the board was bad the issue would have followed when i swapped the left and right assemblies around. Pretty i sure i found the issue in the tail light harness, looks like a factory defect all the wires seem to have been pinched/cut/scored right at the plug and one has fully been cut now. Gonna replace that and see what i get. Thanx

Doubeleive

Wes
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I suspect if the board was bad the issue would have followed when i swapped the left and right assemblies around. Pretty i sure i found the issue in the tail light harness, looks like a factory defect all the wires seem to have been pinched/cut/scored right at the plug and one has fully been cut now. Gonna replace that and see what i get. Thanx
sounds like you found the problem a broken wire could change the ohm's load and make it think a bulb is out or something to that effect
same thing that could have happened with the board inside if it was bad, same effect like a broken wire

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
16yukon