21+ Tahoe LED Tail Lights

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Tenscourts

Reaction score
The only light I really care about the reverse bulb. It looks like trash. The light being is emitted is dim and doesn't illuminate anything behind the truck.

Additionally, GM made every light in this truck white with the exception of the reverse light which is yellow halogen. It looks awkward and out of place for this truck.

I really don't care about the turn signal and brake light. But I definitely need to do the reverse light.
Since the reverse bulbs are both on the same circuit that could be done with a single jumper and single resistor installed on either side. I would think they would make that for you at a lower price.

BsDah

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I have done brake, turn and reverse light bulbs. Put a resistor on all 6 and have had no issue or messages on dash. Bright as hell!!

Attachments

• IMG_2800.png
    IMG_2800.png
    790 KB · Views: 7
  • IMG_2802.png
    IMG_2802.png
    840.1 KB · Views: 6
  • IMG_2803.png
    IMG_2803.png
    693.4 KB · Views: 7
  • IMG_2801.png
    IMG_2801.png
    888 KB · Views: 7

BsDah

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Since the reverse bulbs are both on the same circuit that could be done with a single jumper and single resistor installed on either side. I would think they would make that for you at a lower price.
I installed a resistor to both sides. I tried one side first and got error message.

Attachments

• IMG_2796.jpeg
    IMG_2796.jpeg
    249.7 KB · Views: 13
  • IMG_2794.jpeg
    IMG_2794.jpeg
    267.9 KB · Views: 13

Tenscourts

Reaction score
Yes there is a lot to be honest. Ton of clearance.
What size resistor did you use? That could be why you needed two. I tested one on each side and it was too much. There is a video on YouTube of a guy placing resistors behind the tail lamps but they looked smaller than the ones I tested.

Tenscourts

Reaction score
So the only option is a $200 wire harness + bulbs at this point?
Ideally someone could reprogram the computer to accept the lower voltage of the LED's and they would be plug and play but to my knowledge the new electrical architecture is encrypted and there has been very limited success in being able to do that. I haven't looked in a while but I think I've heard of one company hacking a single corvette. I think Chevy is missing out on an opportunity to sell this as an upgrade. Even if they packaged the LED's themselves with a software update I think plenty of people would pay for it. But for now the only option is LED's and resistors. The harness just makes incorporating the LED's easier and safer.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
caprajohn