Look Ma!, Another LED Thread!!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Mean_Green

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I've tried to read through some of the others, but they don't seem to match my situation.

I put LEDs in all the rears, reds and whites. They seem to work fine.

I put green LED 194s in the front corner markers and amber LEDs in the four spaces for parking/turn lamps.

I had an odd situation where the corner markers would not come on steady, but would flash with the turn signals. Restoring the ambers to 2357NAs solved that. But I had the hyperflash.

Today, I picked up an electronic flasher (EP29). That solved the hyperflash while using the 2357NAs. Green markers worked as expected ... I think. Steady on with parking lights and flashing with turn signals.

Once back home, I tried the amber LEDs again. They work on park and turn with no hyperflash. But the marker LEDs don't work at all. Putting a 194 in shows a very faint glow.

Put the 2357NAs back in and all works normally.

Why do amber LEDs shunt the marker lights?

Sam Harris

Supporting Member
Reaction score
If I read your post correctly, you’re using 194 bulbs, and 2357 bulbs. Those aren’t the same / compatible from what I can see. What do those locations call for?

Also, would be helpful to know what your vehicle is.

OP
OP
Mean_Green

Mean_Green

Full Access Member
Reaction score
2357NAs for the four amber parking/turn lamps.

194s for the two corner/markers.

98 Tahoe, composite headlight units

Lamps.jpg

Sam Harris

Supporting Member
Reaction score
So those are the correct bulbs for those listed locations. If you installed the EP29, it looks like that handles LEDs and incandescent. But I’m not sure if the green 194 bulbs you put in were incandescent, or LED? If they’re incandescent, and on the same circuit as the LEDs, there might be a low voltage, due to the flasher module. Are the 194 bulbs supposed to flash -opposite of the turns? That’s how my NBS operates, and IIRC, this rig would be the same. If the 194 bulbs are incandescent, I’d bet putting and LED in that location would solve your issue.

OP
OP
Mean_Green

Mean_Green

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Are the 194 bulbs supposed to flash -opposite of the turns? That’s how my NBS operates, and IIRC, this rig would be the same.
I don't know if they're supposed to flash opposite or not, but they do with amber 2357s in place. They don't light at all with amber LEDs in place.

If the 194 bulbs are incandescent, I’d bet putting and LED in that location would solve your issue.
vvvvv
I put green LED 194s in the front corner markers

That's my whole question. Why do all LEDs shut out the corner markers when the mix of lamps does not? If anything, you'd think the 2357s would draw more and kill the markers.

Unless I have incompatible amber LEDs? This is what I got: https://www.ebay.com/itm/394525612044

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
madmax442

Latest posts