Kbuskill's 2008 Burb LTZ "MOD" Thread

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
kbuskill

kbuskill

***CAUTION*** I do my own stunts!
Reaction score
I still need to get my new front switchback bulbs in so the sequential turns up front look right... I have the bulbs but haven't installed them yet.... Lazy... lol

OP
OP
kbuskill

kbuskill

Reaction score
Slightly irritated....

My "new and improved" sequential 3rd brake light is giving me issues...

Actually the light is great it's the modules I bought that have a problem...

rps20180825_230406_933.jpg
As you can probably guess, that upper right corner shouldn't be burned.

The 10 channel doesn't work on the right side so the last 4 LEDs don't light up any longer.

The same thing on the left side only the last 4 LEDs in the sequence light up first and stay lit the entire time.

Both burned in the same spot.

I messaged the seller/dealer... supposed to call me on Monday so we shall see.

The only good thing about it is it's nothing inside the light so I don't have to open it back up.

They say these modules are good for .5A... I don't know if that is per channel or total but I am only running 50mA to each channel X 10 channels is only .5A total anyway.

I can't imagine they rate them at .5A and run it so close to spec... seems like there would be a little buffer zone.

Oh well cheap Chinese (Korean) crap just like so many things these days.

Ok rant over... I will let you all know how things pan out with it.

OP
OP
kbuskill

kbuskill

Reaction score
Just an update... I chatted with the seller today via text message.

He is supposed to be getting a new version of the modules in a couple weeks that will handle .75A so he will be sending those out to me.

He also said he will be getting a new version that does 12 channels with some other cool features in about 2 months and he wants me to make a video and send it to him so he is supposed to send me the 12 channel modules for free in exchange for a demo video.

I will update as things progress.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mistehkins

Latest posts