Kbuskill's 2008 Burb LTZ "MOD" Thread

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

crazycrew

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hell yeah. I wish I had electrical. I'm a complete dumb ass when it comes to electricity/electronics

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

W8TVI

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Now that's not fair, the trailer hitch light doesn't get to turn left, only right? Is he a Republican? Looks great and if you ever get hit from behind, that driver must be blind!

A lot of those hitch receiver brake lights cheap out and just connect to one side of the trailer harness. You could make a relatively simple circuit that would fix the problem, but but that would cost a few cents each.

I'd personally replace it with a line of fire tailgate light.

I'd get something like this one on amazon instead.
81QFSiyp+tL._SL1500_.jpg
Mine was a cheaper one that lacked the sequential turn signals, but if I had that setup on my CHMSL, I think I'd want that on the tailgate light as well.

For the backup function, I just used a splitter that is plug and play behind the factory trailer plug, and gives you a 5-pin flat trailer plug for the bar, and still lets you use the factory 7-pin round plug.

OP
OP
kbuskill

kbuskill

***CAUTION*** I do my own stunts!
Reaction score
Now that's not fair, the trailer hitch light doesn't get to turn left, only right? Is he a Republican? Looks great and if you ever get hit from behind, that driver must be blind!

He is most definitely a republican.. lol
I stick that in the hitch whenever I am not pulling a trailer just to fill the hole since I don't have the fancy hitch cover the newer trucks came with. At some point I may install a couple of diodes and make it flash for both sides or maybe just wire it to the brakes only which is more likely.

A lot of those hitch receiver brake lights cheap out and just connect to one side of the trailer harness. You could make a relatively simple circuit that would fix the problem, but but that would cost a few cents each.

I'd personally replace it with a line of fire tailgate light.

I'd get something like this one on amazon instead.
View attachment 205699
Mine was a cheaper one that lacked the sequential turn signals, but if I had that setup on my CHMSL, I think I'd want that on the tailgate light as well.

For the backup function, I just used a splitter that is plug and play behind the factory trailer plug, and gives you a 5-pin flat trailer plug for the bar, and still lets you use the factory 7-pin round plug.

I think a line of fire might be TOO much at this point... although some might argue that I am already past that point... lol

Thanks for all the kind comments from everyone... it is appreciated.

Last edited:

swathdiver

Full Access Member
Reaction score
He is most definitely a republican.. lol
I stick that in the hitch whenever I an not pulling a trailer just to fill the hole since I don't have the fancy hitch cover the newer trucks came with.

I was going to get the fancy cover too but I see them on the side of the road often and wonder how well they'd stay on, they're about $100!

Lighting looks great, will have to show my girls, they too will appreciate it.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DefiantOne