Just Wanted To Say Farewell

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
Jason in DLH

Jason in DLH

Cheeseburger and Fries
Reaction score
Sweet, what engine are you shooting for?
They have the 392 which would make me grin ear to ear, but I doubt my wife would approve of that. I’ll try though. If not it’ll be the 3.6L “eTorque” with 285hp (just found out they did away with the traditional alternator on that and it uses some kind of 48V battery or some business like that). My last Wrangler only had 180hp, so either way it’s a win!

Bill 1960

Testing the Limits
Reaction score
A friend just bought a wrangler Rubicon. Based on his experience you may find the choice of engine is effectively restricted to the turbo 4 with the present market and production constraints.

I have driven both and SOTP dyno says the 4 and 6 are comparable.

Just don’t buy the Italian diesel if you’ll keep it past the warranty period.

wsteele

Full Access Member
Reaction score
They have the 392 which would make me grin ear to ear, but I doubt my wife would approve of that. I’ll try though. If not it’ll be the 3.6L “eTorque” with 285hp (just found out they did away with the traditional alternator on that and it uses some kind of 48V battery or some business like that). My last Wrangler only had 180hp, so either way it’s a win!
I feel kind of gypped having never had a mid-life crisis. But had I ever had one, I would have brought the V8 home and when my wife complained, I would calmly explain we were getting off easy as mid-life crisis goes... :)

George B

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction score
I feel kind of gypped having never had a mid-life crisis. But had I ever had one, I would have brought the V8 home and when my wife complained, I would calmly explain we were getting off easy as mid-life crisis goes... :)

I am just realizing I’ve been in a midlife crisis for 40 years.
I am looking forward to my crisis... Need some fun in my life.

Reaction score
But it costs a fortune to replace it with another used vehicle because all the prices are inflated right now so what’s the point? Same with people selling their house only to find out they can’t even buy another unless they have cash for it and outbid the other buyers. And if you take very long the prices go up even more. You can’t win.
I think he's replacing it with a new vehicle.

1BADI5

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Sorry to see you go. Just curious, but why did you decide to go to a Wrangler from a Yukon Denali?

We sold/traded out LTZ in when we got our Rubicon, didn't need room for car seats anymore..........plus I still have my PPV.

We've had the Rubicon for 2 years now (bought new) we could sell it right now for what we bought it for......the market is wild right now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
champion313