Looking for help on how to tie in my oem camera to a video rear view mirror.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

fatmonk8

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hey all,

Recently I got a video rear view mirror as I wanted a solution for a rear view mirror when my rear entertainment was down. The rear view camera comes with a auxiliary camera witch is great and all, But I want to make this as oem as possible.

My idea is to tap into my oem rear camera for the video feed. (Yes I know the oem camera is crap, but plans to upgrade that are a future project. Right now I just want to tap into the stock camera for a video feed.)

I have everything out and disassembled to spec out the wiring. I have also tried to find a wiring schematic for the oem camera wiring, but can't seem to find anything concrete.

Of course I have the camera disassembled, but the wiring is the same on the other end of the cable I will actually be using.

Is there anyone that can help me identify what wires I should tap of of for a video signal?

Photo of the aftermarket camera wiring:
20240319_132549.jpg

Photo of oem camera wiring:
20240319_132558.jpg

OP
OP
fatmonk8

fatmonk8

Full Access Member
Reaction score
On the auxiliary camera I assume
Red - 12v
Yellow - video +
Black - video - (ground?)

On the oem I assume
Yellow - video +
Grey - video -

slupie

Reaction score
OEM Camera view mirror - GM 84564089 - Mirror

OEM Dual Camera - GM 84271644 - Camera

Wiring Harness - Runs between camera and mirror - I do not have a PN

Rear window sprayer hose splitter for cleaning the camera - I do not have a PN

OP
OP
fatmonk8

fatmonk8

Full Access Member
Reaction score
OEM Camera view mirror - GM 84564089 - Mirror

OEM Dual Camera - GM 84271644 - Camera

Wiring Harness - Runs between camera and mirror - I do not have a PN

Rear window sprayer hose splitter for cleaning the camera - I do not have a PN
Yeah, I have a aftermarket mirror already. Just need to wire it into the oem camera.

Thanks anyways.

Doubeleive

Wes
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Hey all,

Recently I got a video rear view mirror as I wanted a solution for a rear view mirror when my rear entertainment was down. The rear view camera comes with a auxiliary camera witch is great and all, But I want to make this as oem as possible.

My idea is to tap into my oem rear camera for the video feed. (Yes I know the oem camera is crap, but plans to upgrade that are a future project. Right now I just want to tap into the stock camera for a video feed.)

I have everything out and disassembled to spec out the wiring. I have also tried to find a wiring schematic for the oem camera wiring, but can't seem to find anything concrete.

Of course I have the camera disassembled, but the wiring is the same on the other end of the cable I will actually be using.

Is there anyone that can help me identify what wires I should tap of of for a video signal?

Photo of the aftermarket camera wiring:
View attachment 424060

Photo of oem camera wiring:
View attachment 424061
yellow is usually for video as far a/v goes, red & black and are power/ground
what the other wires are for no idea might be trigger wire's
you need to test yellow for video feed (while camera is activated)
then determine if power or ground is cut when the camera is switched off
that then tell's you which to use for the rear view video trigger on the mirror
then before final install, test with everything connected to be sure it's not going to cause a unexpected error

OP
OP
fatmonk8

fatmonk8

Full Access Member
Reaction score
So I actually got the company to send me a diagram. Not sure why they don't give me colors, but by the placement of the wiring in comparison to the keyed plug I can see that my guess was right. My only issue is that the power is 5v not 12v.

"Here is the photo of the 4pin extension cable wires in the plug and the respective functions.
#1 is AHD signal, #2 is the ground , #3 is 5v power #4 is the back up signal trigger."
2E04F809@CB916F1F.2090FA6500000000.png

OP
OP
fatmonk8

fatmonk8

Full Access Member
Reaction score
So after thinking about it,

I should omit wire #3 as the oem ca.era does not need power ran to it from the mirror system.

I should only use wire #1, #2, and #4. The the trigger wire should be hooked up the the cameras constant power I assume?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dustpan

Latest posts