Is there such thing as too low?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
Doug118

Doug118

Full Access Member
Reaction score
3.0" of sidewall between wheel & road
+
3.0" of sidewall between wheel & vehicle
Vehicle weighs 4 tons, tires are load rated 97

In the 5boros of NYC (nevermind NJ / CT / PA), wheel & tire packages like that don't last very long.

Good thing I moved from the #1 worst roads in the entire country to where the roads that are like glass. People from NY always think their roads are the worst and they aren’t even close. This is where I came from and drove on 26’s with small tires with no issues. Drove to NY quite a few times on them too

Only 24% of the roads in the entire state are in “good” condition

1681952208513.png

07Burb

GM fan for life
Staff member
Administrator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Good thing I moved from the #1 worst roads in the entire country to where the roads that are like glass. People from NY always think their roads are the worst and they aren’t even close. This is where I came from and drove on 26’s with small tires with no issues. Drove to NY quite a few times on them too

Only 24% of the roads in the entire state are in “good” condition

View attachment 397322
Viewing this reply on my phone and while reading I could only see the top half of the image. So while reading I thought Doug was saying he moved from Venice where he drove on 26’s and then was trying to tel us he drove from Venice to NY :happy175: it wasn’t until I was done reading and scrolled down that I realized he was saying he moved from Rhode Island :roflbow:

OP
OP
Doug118

Doug118

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Appreciate you sharing all of this tech info with us @Doug118

Keep at it friend

No problem!

Not sure if I mentioned it already but right before I made the drive south, one of my DJM sway bar end links snapped at the weld. I made the 1500 mile drive and didn’t even notice that it was broken so I just said F it, I’ll fix it whenever I get around to it… well today while going up a steep off-camber entrance, I felt a really loud bang from the bank of the truck. I guess it didn’t like having only 1 end link because it ripped the 2 bolts out of the bracket that holds the sway bar to the rear end. I just ended up removing the rear bar completely so I’ll let everyone know how that turns out

OP
OP
Doug118

Doug118

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Viewing this reply on my phone and while reading I could only see the top half of the image. So while reading I thought Doug was saying he moved from Venice where he drove on 26’s and then was trying to tel us he drove from Venice to NY :happy175: it wasn’t until I was done reading and scrolled down that I realized he was saying he moved from Rhode Island :roflbow:

Absolutely not. The drive from RI to south west Florida was bad enough. I’m perfectly fine driving up to like 8-9 hours at a time but that 24 hour drive felt like 24 days lol

Geotrash

Dave
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Absolutely not. The drive from RI to south west Florida was bad enough. I’m perfectly fine driving up to like 8-9 hours at a time but that 24 hour drive felt like 24 days lol
Yeah...down I-95. Undoubtedly the least enjoyable, most consistently congested interstate in the country.

OP
OP
Doug118

Doug118

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yeah...down I-95. Undoubtedly the least enjoyable, most consistently congested interstate in the country.

We timed it perfect and hit zero traffic on the entire ride down. It wasn’t until we got to central Florida before we hit any traffic. Driving through the middle of nowhere Georgia at night was the worst part IMO. No lights on the highway for hours

OP
OP
Doug118

Doug118

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Update on no rear sway bar. The truck is SUPERRRR light in the rear at higher speeds. Feels normal at anything under like 60mph but over that it starts to feel sketchy. Would not recommend lol

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
willie110hh