Is there such thing as too low?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

992dr

Full Access Member
Reaction score
OP
OP
Doug118

Doug118

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Cooool!
Plans? Starting a project thread?

NICE. Also interested in your plans for it.
I had an opportunity a few years ago to acquire a white 86 635 CSI, super clean one owner 5spd low mile car. Small dealer/Seller backed out :(

I’ve been trying to buy this specific car for 6 years from a body shop and the owner never wanted to sell. Stopped in today and must have caught him on the right day because he let it go for $2k. Ran and drove when it parked a few years ago

I’m not even sure what the plans are honestly. Obviously nice suspension and wheels. I’m looking at engine swap options but I am 1000% new to bmw’s so I’m lost on trying to find the scarce info that’s out there. I’d love to put a VW vr6 in it or a Honda K series but the rwd K series parts are insanely priced so we will see

Last edited:
OP
OP
Doug118

Doug118

Full Access Member
Reaction score
One thing I do know is it’s not going to spiral out of control like the suburban. I want this to remain a very easy daily driver

Last edited:
OP
OP
Doug118

Doug118

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Upon further inspection, a rwd K series swap is like $5k excluding engine and trans

992dr

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I’ve been trying to buy this specific car for 6 years from a body shop and the owner never wanted to sell. Stopped in today and must have caught him on the right day because he let it go for $2k. Ran and drove when it parked a few years ago

I’m not even sure what the plans are honestly. Obviously nice suspension and wheels. I’m looking at engine swap options but I am 1000% new to bmw’s so I’m lost on trying to find the scarce info that’s out there. I’d love to put a VW vr6 in it or a Honda K series but the rwd K series parts are insanely priced so we will see

What timing, that is awesome. $2k :boobs:He shoots and he scooooooores damn, I'm jealous. The one I wanted was $5500 but, it was practically mint and HI car with newer staggered 7 series wheels and a race seat solid mounted (wasn't too fond of it but, didn't get anyway haha)
BMWs have tons of options like LS but are a bit pricey. I'd definitely go through it and freshen it all new fluids and see what happens especially if it's been sitting for some time. K series actually sounds pretty cool and would look insane in that engine bay.

One thing I do know is it’s not going to spiral out of control like the suburban. I want this to remain a very easy daily driver

Since you are thinking about swaps, I'm not feeling too positive about the spiraling effect that may happen in the future. Either way, it will be a reliable daily for sure.
You need to start a thread specifically for the Beemer, congrats, I'm jealous :)

OP
OP
Doug118

Doug118

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Is there an actual kit for this?
Do you have a link?

It’s for an e30 but the chassis’s are very similar

I’ll definitely take pictures of everything I do like I do with every build. I have over 1000 pictures of the suburban alone

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
PascalBlues